Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

stuck in the "friend zone"

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artgirl

PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: stuck in the "friend zone" Reply with quote

I want to preface this post by saying...
I know it is impossible to make someone love you...

But... my problem is this: I care deeply for a guy that I know also cares for me, except I think he is not accepting his true feelings for me. We talked about it last night, because he keeps finding girls that totally screw with him... and I flat out asked why I wasn't potential for a girlfriend... he admits he loves my personality, we have slept togther and it is always great, and he finds me attractive... I think I just don't fit the type of girl he thinks he wants. I know from our discussion that he and I have very similar personalities and when asking why he always puts me in the "friend zone" he didn't have a direct answer.. because I told him.. we are not and were never just friends, because we have slept together, and cuddle and other such nonsense. I have been there and given him 2 chances already, even though I feel like he hasn't deserved them... It is just the type of person i am... I just want him to realize that all his happiness could be staring him right in the face.

I know that if he can't see how great I am, I should walk away.. but it is easier said than done. We have such a great chemistry... I can truely be myself with him... I just really dig him...

other than telling him I'm there, ready to take a step in the direction of a relationship.. what can I do?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
ysanchez

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you should give him time and let him see that true side of you, if it keeps lingering for another month or so then I would tell him that I truly like you alot but, for what ever reason you don't want to be serious withme...i dont know if that helps
artgirl

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He knows I would like for him to consider me, in context of a relationship...

Maybe all my friends are right, and this guy doesn't deserve me, if he can't see how great I am for him... staying friends will only hurt me in the end I'm sure.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Lisa843

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He doesn't want a romantic relationship with you. If he did...he would go in that direction. It is awful to be put in that "friend zone" when you want more....
If you can't accept that he only wants you as a friend..or friend with benefits....maybe you do need to walk away??
I don't think it's a matter of being good enough or deserving or any of that...it is what it is...and you can't make someone feel what they don't....no matter how much you may want it.

hope you find someone that will appreciate you. take care. Smile
Wolfey

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sometimes people need to be kick in the junk with some reality. Right now this guy has it all, so why should he change things. Sometimes things don't work out because you want them to. So thats when the realty comes in. He is not giving you everything you want so stop giving him everything..
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: