Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What to say to a stranger I'm attracted to through email?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metta

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 12:19 am    Post subject: What to say to a stranger I'm attracted to through email? Reply with quote

I'll explain the situation first:

I used to see this beautiful guy at a store I frequented, and I always hoped he would approach me or something would happen so that we could talk. I'm not usually so stunned by a stranger,but he really has an effect on me. Then I moved from the area and haven't seen him since, but this morning I happened to see him in the city (4 million population, what are the chances?). I literally have never been so drawn to a stranger before, it's an intense attraction. I have no idea if he's ever noticed me or has even seen me, he always seems to be focused on whatever he's doing at the time.

When I got home, I remembered where he worked and typed it into facebook, which pulled up a group for his workplace and there he was: I'd found his name, and now have access to get in touch by sending him a message. I know it's a weird situation but I'd really like the chance to get to know him better... And life is too short: who knows, he might be someone I'm meant to be with. I've never done anything like this before, and I feel a bit strange about it so I want to approach it the right way.

-What can I write to him? I know not to come on too strong, but how do I even begin? The way his facebook profile is set up, no one can view it unless they're on his friends list. So I can't say something like, "I saw your picture, you're cute." BUT I did see some pictures of him through his friend's profile. Not sure if I could use that somehow...

-For the guys: If you received a message from a stranger, what would you think? (I'm an attractive blonde and I don't think he's out of my league, but still...)

-Also, I found out that he's 19 (and I'm 26). I've never gone for a younger guy before: Is it too big an age gap? Does it seem weird for a woman to date someone that much younger? ... Maybe it will work to my advantage, I know a lot of younger guys want to be with slightly older girls.

Thanks for your help...
alexanderberson

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow. What a story!
Definitely lucky to spot him in the city of millions!!
I should definitely email him and just say "i just came across your picture, i recognized you in the store that i frequently went to and wanted to know if you changed your jobs or something?" Wink

Or something to that effect!
Again. i have to admit. Very interesting story!

I he takes you out on a date some time, you should come back here and tell us how things went. Razz
Metta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: (small) developments Reply with quote

thanks, i will.

so far this is what has happened: i emailed him and said: i know it seems weird but that i keep seeing him around and wondered if he'd like to have coffee sometime. he emailed me back a couple of days later (so by then i thought that was it, he thought i was some weirdo and ignored it)... he asked where i've seen him and how many times. (i guess maybe he was trying to place me?)

i wrote him back last night and told him that i used to live in the area he works in and saw him a few times in passing; that he got onto my subway train a few days ago and i thought why not say something but that i don't live in the area anymore. i added that i knew this all sounded bizarre, but it was a first for me so i wasn't really sure what else to say so, "feel free to ask me whatever". i think/hope/pray that was ok...

i am concerned that he'll think i'm a bloody desperate or crazy person but i don't think i've come off that way.

will let you know when he replies (optimism). i admit, it's an interesting story, maybe even somewhat romantic. who knows, maybe it's fate.

by the way: it's funny that you replied because his name happens to be alexander... gotta love synchronicity.
Metta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, and more than just seeing him in the city: we were on the same subway train.
martii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: How Do Other People Feel About Dating? Reply with quote

I feel more comfortable and when dating now. I realize and that it is important then for me to make up my mind. By being clear and concern about the things I want and need then in a relationship. I also feel that respect is a key element to dating. How do you feel and or what do you think ?
martii

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 4:50 pm    Post subject: How Do Other People Feel About Dating? Reply with quote

I feel more comfortable and when dating now. I realize and that it is important then for me to make up my mind. By being clear and concern about the things I want and need then in a relationship. I also feel that respect is a key element to dating. How do you feel and or what do you think ?

http://www.sexandtheuniverse.com/
Lily.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Metta"]yeah, and more than just seeing him in the city: we were on the same subway train.[/quote]

wow.... did anything happen between you two?
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: