Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

what should I do in this situation??

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
toothfairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2008 11:17 pm    Post subject: what should I do in this situation?? Reply with quote

I've dated this guy for a while and then we had a mutual break up. We didn't communicate after that for 8 months. And then on my birthday I took the initiative to email him and see if he wanted to be friends again. He was happy to be friends again. It's been about 4 months since then but we never made an effort to call each other. I'll visiting his town next month when I'll be interviewing for my job. I asked him if he was gonna be around may be we can catch up over a quick coffee. He was really friendly we he replied me back. He asked me lot of questions and seemed like he is interested in my life. But at the same time he said that "unfortunately I won't be in town that week because I'll on my first vacation of year". and, then he ends the email saying keep me posted on how things go and I'll talk to you later.
I'm confused as to whether am I looking too much into the situation or should I see it the way it seems. I don't understand if he is really interested in being friends or is he asking me to back off??
stp23

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2008 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Toothfairy. I put a reply in Love Advice under your same thread there. Smile
curlee_q

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2009 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like he is just being FRIENDLY, meaning he wants to just be friends. But honestly by you worrying about it, kinda seems as though you wish it was more. Females tend to want to use the "friendship" angle to get back in on a guys good side so that in hopes they see what they are missing and try to work it out. Well it sounds like he is interested in being friends, because he asked u to keep him posted and good luck. Thats what friends say. If you truly are just wanting friends, then u got it. If you are wanting more, I would say back off now before u get hurt.
Lisa843

PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree....
I think maybe you are making too much of it...and maybe wishful thinking on your part. Just move on and find someone new. After all....break ups are for a reason. Let the past be in the past and move on. Good luck, take care. Hope you keep us posted. Smile
chalotdatche

PostPosted: Sat Sep 12, 2009 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

he only wants friendship from you at this point in time. maybe he wants to enjoy being single and don't have any commitments first. just don't mind every single word from him. just stay friends for now and wait what will happen next. enjoy being single too.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: