Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

7 year age difference: younger guy, older woman. advice?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Metta

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: 7 year age difference: younger guy, older woman. advice? Reply with quote

i'm really attracted to a 19 year old guy and i'm 26. i doubt that it would seem as strange if we were 20 and 27, it's that 'teen' word... anyway, he looks much older than he is, probably looks more my age than i do. so i'm wondering what your thoughts are on this?

ladies, would you date a much younger man?
is it a big problem that we're at different points in our lives? can people at different places still enjoy a loving, mature relationship?
does anyone have any similar experience to this that they might share?

also, i know people will judge but i'm willing to deal with that for this guy. i'm actually more concerned about what his friends will think/say to him; this girl who's 7 years older likes their friend. i know we can't avoid judgement in life, but in relationship/dating/love matters i don't think it's appropriate.

look forward to your thoughts everyone, thanks & cheers.
alexanderberson

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 10:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are looking to create long term relationship with this person. Forget it. Do not even try. You are in for a big headache.

If you are looking for short term fun and more fun Cool , then YES. Go for it! Why not? Razz
dorothysmith

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 5:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not believe age difference should be a barrier. If people love one another, especially if there's a strong mental bond, then the relationship will be spiritually fulfilling.
The_lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 26, 2008 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I'm 18, and my girlfriend is in her early 30's, I don't really care what anyone thinks about me. but like you, I care about what people will say to her.

Age shouldn't really matter in life, but obviously if they are too young it should, but not in this case, this guy is like me, but the thing is, not all young people want to settle down early, you've been through this phase your self, alot of guys my age want to be with alot of girls, with having sex as a everyday thing or like a sport.

So you may really feel attracted to him, but will u be willing to get hurt if he gets 'bored' unless he is sensible, and like a fair few I know who don't treat sex as a sport, but actually keep their eyes on 1 woman.

If you can trust him, then go for it, if you know you both feel the same, go for it, because I know I would with my GF. Doesn't matter what his friends really think, at the end of it aslong as your both happy.

So sorry if i went off topic
Lisa843

PostPosted: Mon Nov 17, 2008 9:03 pm    Post subject: Re: 7 year age difference: younger guy, older woman. advice? Reply with quote

as long as you both are of age and mature enough to handle it...it's no one's business but the two of you.

I met my kid's daddy when I was 18 and he was 29....we had a very long relationship. I met my ex when he was 19 and I was 25...a year later we got married and stayed married for many years. It ended up we didn't work out after all...but it had nothing to do with age.

My advice..follow your heart. I normally say a 19 yr old guy and 26 yr old woman would make a good couple since women mature faster than guys do. you have to figure it out based on your own relationship, how the two of you get along, and where the two of you are headed (what life,relationship goals and expectations do you both have)??

good luck with all that. Smile

[quote="Metta"]i'm really attracted to a 19 year old guy and i'm 26. i doubt that it would seem as strange if we were 20 and 27, it's that 'teen' word... anyway, he looks much older than he is, probably looks more my age than i do. so i'm wondering what your thoughts are on this?

ladies, would you date a much younger man?
is it a big problem that we're at different points in our lives? can people at different places still enjoy a loving, mature relationship?
does anyone have any similar experience to this that they might share?

also, i know people will judge but i'm willing to deal with that for this guy. i'm actually more concerned about what his friends will think/say to him; this girl who's 7 years older likes their friend. i know we can't avoid judgement in life, but in relationship/dating/love matters i don't think it's appropriate.

look forward to your thoughts everyone, thanks & cheers.[/quote]
kaykee80

PostPosted: Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was 25 and my fiance was 18 when we first met. At first, I didn't want to give him the time of day because he was 7 years younger and I thought it would be too weird but as we got to know each other we really bonded and discovered that we had a lot in common. Now I'm 27 and he's 20 and we couldn't be happier.

I think that age differences among adults is only a big deal if you make it a big deal. If you're compatible, share common goals, values, etc. and as with any relationship as long as you both want to be together and are willing to work on your relationship I don't see why age should matter.
Lisa843

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very well said. I agree and couldn't have said it better myself. Smile

[quote="kaykee80"]I was 25 and my fiance was 18 when we first met. At first, I didn't want to give him the time of day because he was 7 years younger and I thought it would be too weird but as we got to know each other we really bonded and discovered that we had a lot in common. Now I'm 27 and he's 20 and we couldn't be happier.

I think that age differences among adults is only a big deal if you make it a big deal. If you're compatible, share common goals, values, etc. and as with any relationship as long as you both want to be together and are willing to work on your relationship I don't see why age should matter.[/quote]
stp23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A nineteen year old guy with a 26 year old girlfriend should be as grateful as a man getting a bottle of fine aged wine. Maturity is a good flavor.
danette357

PostPosted: Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am 5 years older than my significant other and we've been together for almost nine years now. I don't feel that the age difference has effected our relationship at all. I'll admit that I was definitely a bit apprehensive about it when we first met but he was definitely much more mature than most of the men my age. Once I realized this I was totally ok with it. I think it's really about what's inside the heart and mind and the physical number makes no difference. We just fit well and we compliment each other and the age difference doesn't play into it at all. Ultimately it's about what makes you both happy so don't let your worry about what other people might say or think enter into this equation. Listen to your heart and the rest will just work itself out.
Lisa843

PostPosted: Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="danette357"]I am 5 years older than my significant other and we've been together for almost nine years now. I don't feel that the age difference has effected our relationship at all. I'll admit that I was definitely a bit apprehensive about it when we first met but he was definitely much more mature than most of the men my age. Once I realized this I was totally ok with it. I think it's really about what's inside the heart and mind and the physical number makes no difference. We just fit well and we compliment each other and the age difference doesn't play into it at all. Ultimately it's about what makes you both happy so don't let your worry about what other people might say or think enter into this equation. Listen to your heart and the rest will just work itself out.[/quote]
another very well said. *thumbs up!! Wink
danette357

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2009 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx!
cj778

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 10:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

and if i have 4.5 years difference between me an my GF , and the fact that we kissed each other , holding hands etc, also means of possible good future relationship, even if she just started working and im still in the university ?
l0v3

PostPosted: Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:58 am    Post subject: Re: 7 year age difference: younger guy, older woman. advice? Reply with quote

[quote="Metta"]i'm really attracted to a 19 year old guy and i'm 26. i doubt

look forward to your thoughts everyone, thanks & cheers.[/quote]

Age doesn't matter when love works. So if you feel it's love then go and fight for it.
Romeoagain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is a very cute relationship.. I used to date someone who was 1o year older, and we had a reallly great relationship when we had it going.. I got busy and couldn't commit later, but it was the most beautiful thing
chalotdatche

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well, age doesn't matter right? but for long term relationship with guy, i doubt it because he's still young and needs to explore his life in this world. but if you are just looking for something that is not so special, just like more of the attraction thing then you can date him.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: