Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

difference between love and lust?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
maryjane

PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:09 pm    Post subject: difference between love and lust? Reply with quote

Here's my first post.

Are there difference between love and lust is? Surely the most often confused
terms I've ever notice. Question
Psychegal

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its quite similar Chemistry and Infatuation.

Love I do believe its more into "sacrificed for you". You'll make her feel like a princess and becomes a guardian angel to protect her always.

Lust is more of desire and making us want even more ( hungry for something) . Eventually it will fade off. If, it is driving your relationship, it will never work. They are a very, very long way from real love
maryjane

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Psyche

Desire??? hm........ If you're refering to sexual desire, i though its always a need to most guys and you can never find love without any form of sexual activity these days. I might be wrong.
Blinkies

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what's the different?
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:28 am    Post subject: Difference between Love and Lust Reply with quote

Hi Gals

Allow me to share my views? Wink

Well you are right maryjane, love & Lust can be very confusing. Between love & lust, only the person himself will truly know which he chooses.

In simple we can say that Love is a choice, a choice that you hope to have. Having the chance to be with that someone you love, showering her with your love, providing her with happiness. It's so sweet, ain't it? Whereas Lust is a want, it is an obsessive desire to have, purely for self satisfaction & pleasure.

When you love someone, you love them for who they are. You should always respect your partner, your love. A guy should never insists on a girl doing something against her will, which includes having sex. Remember, a relationship is a two way communications not one...
Angel_Gracie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's always a difference between sexual desire and love.

Sexual desire is a strong physical excitement while Love is a powerful caring for someone else.

Love can exist without sexual desire. Many people are happiest when both partners share both love and sexual desire.
Moya

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think. when u re in love,u do crazy
things that can't explain. we need everything maybe it be lust or love. Rolling Eyes
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:10 am    Post subject: Difference between Love and Lust Reply with quote

I agree with you, Moya.

Love can be such a great force that at times, you will do just anything even if it mean to sacrifice your life for your love. This is what I would call Love...

However on the other way round, if you were to do anything just to get that someone even if it mean sacrificing other's life. This is definitely Lust; a sin it would be.

Sadly, some had even gone to the extent of ending their life when they experienced failure in their love life. The love for their loved ones are so strong that without him or her, they have totally lost the will to live... Crying or Very sad
IAmp71

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2005 9:33 pm    Post subject: Love Vs. Lust Reply with quote

Its as simple as this Love is all about the other person you see this person realistically, both their good qualities and their bad but you love them anyway. Lust is a selfish feeling it is all about what said person can do for you? How will this benefit you? Will this make people think bad things about me?
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2005 4:05 am    Post subject: Love Vs. Lust Reply with quote

Well you can say so, IAMP71.

We can say that Lust, is having an intense longing or appetite for money or power etc for self pleasure or benefits. You are actually loving yourself more than to loving that someone if all that is in your mind, you are just thinking of what the person can do for you. What benefits can he or she brings you.

I would say that most people wouldn't have any good thoughts for such person. Well ultimately it still all about you. Are you doing the right thing? Only you have the answer; the choice is yours.

I must say that some are really masters in this. They are able to hide their plots schemingly well. Some might even treat them as the best of friends without even realising the ugly truth...
suilven

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's definitely possible to have lust without love, certainly speaking from a man's point of view.
I think when it comes to romantic love, lust is part of this certainly at the start of a relationship, although i think love can continue even after the lust gas gone
ichiko

PostPosted: Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So what about saying to someone "I'm not in love with you" but giving the caring, the affection, willing to do anything to make the other person happy? All those good things, can it be love or lust. Oh, there's physical involve. Everything but sexual intercourse.
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Apr 09, 2006 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, it is the actions that always speak louder than to words. It is easy to be saying "I love you" but the appropriate and genuine action might not just follow...

Willing to do anything to make the other person happy? You have said it, making the "other person" happy. When you actually want the other person to be happy more than to yourself to be happy, it is definitely more of a love than to lust.

And why isn't there any sexual intercourse involved? Because there is respect between the both? Then that would be again, more of a love than to lust... If lust, the very desire had been stronger, I should believe a sexual intercourse will have long already happened...? Wink
pollock

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love according to me can be everlasting and you dont need to take resort of any unfair means when you are in true love with another person. On the contrary lust is an immediate desire which extinguishes as soon as the desired thing has been had. Lust is known to make people do things that are not considered sober and many people after coming in influence of it do all sorts of misdeeds. So hope this makes the difference clear.
~Angel~

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love is deep, everlasting, true & faithful. It's wanting to make the one you love happy, cherished, taken care of in every aspect.

Lust is a fleeting by the moment feeling. Like wanting somebody physically, but not wanting anything more after he/she got what they wanted which is sex. So as others have said, lust is more of a selfish feeling.

Love is very much deeper.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: