Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

If I let go, will he come back?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Second Chances
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ladymb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 2:46 am    Post subject: If I let go, will he come back? Reply with quote

So Im looking for someone this has actually worked for....let me explain....

I have been dating someone for 3 months who is the best guy Ive ever been with, at least in terms of maturity, caring, being easy-going, etc. He is fun, considerate, undertanding..the list goes on and on. The way I see it we have a future and I love him. The catch is this: he's still hung up on an ex. They were only together for 3 months, she lives in Mexico (he in Florida), and there is really no chance of her coming back. It was a fantasy romance that they both knew was temporary, but there is no chance of us having a future if he cant let her go. Right now he is having a hard time dealing with that as they communicate only by email.

We have discussed this and I decided to give him some space and stop seeing him/ calling him as much( when we were hanging out everyday). I always hear that if you love someone let them go (u know the cliche). I also hear that if I go out, enjoy myself, etc. and he doesnt see me cry, he will get jealous and come around. I know for a fact he cares about me and enjoys our time together, I just want to know if this has ever really worked for someone. Have you let them go, left them alone, and actually had them come back? Do I have any hope? It is worth fighting for?
JulietJules

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 5:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all, you & he have discussed this and is it your only decision to give him some space? I think eventhough you know that the other gal cannot come back, you should stay close to him. Support him, show him that you understand the situation and you both overcome this together. It's hard to say if he's madly in love with you but 3months is not a very long time to hang on the relationship. Anyway, best of luck to you.

Jules
~Angel~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree w/what Juliet typed.

Have a talk w/him first before you make the decision to give him "space".
Ladymb

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2007 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a good idea - only problem is he was the one who told me that he doesnt see us going anywhere, as long as he was still thinking about her. And I know, because of what I gathered from our talk, that the reason we wont go anywhere is because she is still on his mind. There is no telling him to get over her either, no one wants to hear that. They get stubborn.

Then again, he left it up to me, and we just havent had a chance to really talk about it since. I guess what it comes down to is that there just has to be another talk.
pedro_9k6k

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Dating Reply with quote

Yeah! I am with you and wishing you for great time!
All the best!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Second Chances All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: