Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Dating???...i need help with that...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nouxbabo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2006 11:13 pm    Post subject: Dating???...i need help with that... Reply with quote

I know i'm 23 and should be confident about myself but 5 years living in a world where i have to pretend to be someone to accommodate my ex and his family made me sooo unconfident about myself. I really should be happy...because i've met great friends from a year ago...and still keep in touch with them. They make me feel like i'm myself..but i haven't been able to step out and go on dates.

The story is .... i'm asian....divorced after 5 years of marriage..and in asian cultures they look at it as if its a bad thing. What else am i to do..when my culture forces me to marry at age 18...when i had big plans. I wasn't happy! So the marriage ended when he left me...even tho i did love him...but wasn't happy ... the reason was the parents adn his family..the way they act towards me hurt me soo much...but i never imagine him leaving me too..until last September he finally did..which broke my heart that he decided to be with his family then move on with the marriage with me.

I guess i just don't want to hurt no more..that's why dating isn't in my book..but i am lonely. Sometimes i feel alone...and that it seems all i have are my closest friends, family, and grandparents who really cares for me...but having that someone beside me is hard to find because of so many expectations.

I'm not a bad person...i guess i need confidence in myself to get somewhere with the dating routine. Right now at the moment..i'm trying really hard to loose weight...omg...its going down slowly but evantually i'll get there then i'll do whatever afterwards. Focusing on myself right now is good, right? But i need new friends and to have fun....my closest friends are married. AIYA! Confused
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm...? Your culture forces you to get married at the age of 18... Ok, maybe I shouldn't be asking too much about that. But well, at the age of 18? That can indeed be pretty young an age and which you were saying having big plans then.

And now, the age of 23. I am sorry that all this had happened but well, I am sure it has nonetheless made you a more mature person. You can definitely be still having your big plans now, nouxbabo.

Focusing on yourself? Sure! I don't see why not? I am sure you have many things which you want to be doing for yourself and which you didn't really have the chance to do it back then? Maybe losing a bit of fat is one of what you hope to achieve now... As long as you are determined, I am sure that you can do it. And well, don't leave out those of your other plans...

Now, you are still young nouxbabo. Your journey still awaits you... I guess there's no point looking back at the past... Look ahead. There are many things waiting for you to be achieving... If you never try you will never know... And well, that would mean you can be in love again too. Don't deny yourself of that possibility.

A happy and confident person will always be an attractive person... To be postive and move on? I am sure that is what you have in mind right? Wink
nouxbabo

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2006 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes..i have so many things ahead of me that i need to do. I know i have to enter college and get some where in my career. Right now...working as an instructional assistant is a great experience. I hope to stay there as long as i can..because i know there are others who look upto me..especially my lovely and sweet students. hehe... =D there's nothing more happier to see but their smiles everyday.

I know there are alot of things out there for me. Right now i just realized that i can't get involve in a relationship because at the moment..there are so many thigns going on. I'll just wait and see what happens in the years to come.

One oppa (brother) has always told me that "Once you establish something around yourself and your environment..a career will come on the way...the future will start and you will surely meet someone on the way. He's right! You're right about life. I will take it step by step and move on...make life worth living!

Thank you!!! Laughing
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 05, 2006 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, that's the spirit! Yup, once you established something around yourself... not only a career but love will definitely be on its way too...

The key here is, don't deny yourself of that possibilities. Don't get lost with yourself and let it just passes by you yeah?

Smile on! Wink
Waldin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:df7b3463c6="scorpio"]Well, that's the spirit! Yup, once you established something around yourself... not only a career but love will definitely be on its way too...

The key here is, don't deny yourself of that possibilities. Don't get lost with yourself and let it just passes by you yeah?

Smile on! Wink[/quote:df7b3463c6]

yeah!!!

i agree you....
chayne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey lady ~ you rock!

I would not be thinking about dating just now, I'd be wanting to expolore and discover me! Get out there and do all those things on your wish list. You'll be out and about and making friends and taking care of yourself emotionally.

There is nothing more attractive than a person who loves life, has a direction,
and knows what they do and do not want from a realtionship - friendship or otherwise.

you can email me anytime if you'd like an email friend:
admin@psitutor.org
nouxbabo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey everyone! I do apologize..i haven't been on here for the longest time.

So far everything is going well except my love life. Seems i can't find any decent guys here. After i get my degree i'll just have relocate.

Life is life i guess..what can i expect!

Anywayz..thanks for the replies! All the best to everyone!

Nou~
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: