Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Am I over reacting?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Him
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SRKMama

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2007 12:32 am    Post subject: Am I over reacting? Reply with quote

I am 25 and my boyfriend is 22. We have been together for almost 2years now. My problem is this, We went out to a dance club last night with some friends, everything was going good until the end of the night when I decided to go to the ladies room. When I came out he had a good looking female sitting with her arm around the back of his neck, which I know that part of that is so that she can hear what he is saying as it is very loud in there. I just sat down and pretended nothing was wrong. He continued to talk with her until the babysitter called and the rest of us got up to leave. He never introduced me. When I asled him about it he said that she was an old classmate and that he was only thinking about catching up. The way I look at it is, isn't your girlfriend that you have been with for almost 2 years a big part of catching up? He said that this is the reason he hates going out to the bar with me. I get to jealous and over react when he is talking to other females, when all I am asking for is an introduction and acknowledgement to the girl he is talking to that he is taken. Am I asking to much?
thatguy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I was your boyfriend, I would have been quick to introduce you and pull you into the conversation. But, it's worthwhile starting slow in discussing this, so he doesn't over react, or become defensive instead of listening to your (valid) concerns.
~Angel~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it was rude of your boyfriend not to introduce you to her, even if he was just catching up w/her, what would be the harm in him introducing you?

Seems to me he overreacted a bit too much saying how you get jealous.

Hmmm, let's see, the best way to talk to him would be, put it to him like this...tell him, what if the situation was reversed, would he like it if YOU were talking to a guy & didn't introduce him, didn't even acknowledge him until the guy left. Maybe ask him how he would feel if that happened to him. It might get him to think that even if the talk was harmless, he could have still introduced you to her.
Naomi

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2007 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that it is unfair from his part not to introduce you to her because you have the right to know...it is a matter of being polite because you were present there you also and the way the girl was touching him was not good!!!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Him All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: