Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

saying I love you
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
xlucky Ladyx

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 2:31 am    Post subject: saying I love you Reply with quote

The big L word and the meaning behind it

This guy has told me he loves me (refer to hit on) but since it came from him and he is a guy does that word have one meaning or different meanings behind it when a guy says it to a girl and vice versa.

personally in my opinion you shouldn't say I love you unless you truly mean it to the person you are saying it to and that once it is said you can't take it
back.
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2005 8:59 am    Post subject: saying I love you Reply with quote

Dear Lady B

I agree with you. This three words "I love you" shouldn't be said unless you truly meant it.

Well, apparently it seems like you are feeling troubled and confused over it. Have you already accepted him anyway?

In my point of views be it a girl or guy, when someones say this three words to you, it must have truly come from their hearts. Yes, We can't deny the possibility of a lie but for these words to come out from one's mouth, it would really take a lot of courage.

Nevertheless how true he is, you are the best person to answer this question. No one would tell you he love you for no rhyme or reasons. I believe you could have feel it when he confessed his feeling for you? May I ask under what situation was it when he did so? Only in the presense of a correct atmosphere and timing would one be psychologically triggered to gather up his courage to confess his feeling for you. If he had done so just in any normal places, telling you he loves you without having to even think twice, I would seriously doubt his sincerity. Well think about it, Lady B...
xlucky Ladyx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

it was just a general question for the most part.

it's been a year since he first said it and has said it since then and of course
I say it to him as well when I get the chance, but it was 8 months before he had said those words.

I am in no way troubled or confused though not one bit

I am just simply searching for others opinons on what the term I love you means to them when he/she says it to the person they adore.
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 5:00 pm    Post subject: saying I love you Reply with quote

Oh... Lady B, I can feel that you really like this guy a lot? I do believe you truly meant it when you told him you love him too

So it's been quite a while since you both know each other... from what you mentioned earlier, I understand both of you are still constantly in contact but however facing a little distance problem?

Well love is a funny thing, you don't need any reasons to fall in love with someone. But for a relationship to however move on, there has got to be a reason. I believe you both will find that reason in yours path of love together... Wink
Blinkies

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2005 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying ‘I love you’ is a big statement. Be sure he is serious because guy can say out loud easily.
xlucky Ladyx

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do like him alot yes

maybe not right now isn't the time for him and I but we both care alot about
eachother and I definitley meant it when I said it to him.

that was exactly my point Blinkies so that's why I asked the question to get
people talking about the big L word.
Angel_Gracie
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 11:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Saying “I love you” is phrase beyond an expression of feelings. One should decide when to say it and at the right time. It is a phase concerning long-term commitment and possibly marriage.

In most cases, girls do understand the meaning quite well but NOT TO ALL MEN. They can get confused between “I love you”, “I like you”, “I want you” or “I admire you.” They though all have similar meaning and could have said “I LOVE YOU” without any doubt.

Most people say, "I love you" when they mean, "I like you. Whenever I hear someone saying these phrases, I’ll ask, “Can this be true?”

You shouldn’t say 'I love you' unless you mean it.
Very Happy
little`bead

PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 1:41 pm    Post subject: saying i love you Reply with quote

the truth is that all of us have been greatly influenced by the words we have heard through the years. some people grew up in positive linguistic environment. Girls are people who like to be affirmed verbally, just as men like to be affirmed verbally too. lack of verbal affirmation is interpreted as lack of love. More so when you verbalize the truth "i love you" to the person you are saying to. words of affirmation are simply true statement affirming the worth of another person. sometimes, this has to do not only with what we say but the manner in which we say it. The same sentence can have two different meanings, depending on how you say it. The statement "i love you", when said with kindness and tenderness, can be a genuine expression of love. But when you say it, "i, love you?" The question mark changes the whole meaning of those three words. sometimes our words are saying one thing, but our tone of voice is saying another. we are sending double messages. people usually interpret our message based on our tone of voice, not the words we use.
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:39 pm    Post subject: saying i love you Reply with quote

Well I must agree that the three words "I Love You" to come out from a guy's mouth can get really doubtful to girls. But again, not all guys in this world are bad? Just like the girl when being cheated, guys can also get hurt when their true sincerity is been doubted by the one they love. We are all human beings afterall.

In a healthy relationship, there has got to be a mutual trust between both. Love is never a one way communication. Nevertheless, you are definitely right to be cautious with your own happiness, Lady B.

Anway, I am glad to hear that both of you care a lot about each other. Time will tell... Let this be a little test for your relationship? If things are meant to be, no distance will tear you both apart. But you yourself don't give up yeah? True love will survive all... Wink
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 6:55 pm    Post subject: saying i love you Reply with quote

Hi Blinkies

Glad to hear from you again... hope things are fine?

Well love just as in life is a journey not a destination, we just have to move on... Wink
xlucky Ladyx

PostPosted: Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know he meant it when he said it based on how long it took for him to say
those words so I feel as though he meant it and so did I Smile
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 26, 2005 5:37 am    Post subject: saying i love you Reply with quote

I should believe he is true to you too, Lady B.

Well, keep us posted with good news yeah? Wink May true love and happiness be with you both...
Apple_tart

PostPosted: Thu Jun 30, 2005 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a guy here. Gracie is right. I do confused between “I love you”, “I like you”, “I want you” or “I admire you.”

I can say " I love you " but didn't know is it from my heart. Often I just want to express " I admire you" .and though its love

Will keep that in mind next time. Wink
baby

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2005 1:43 pm    Post subject: I love you Reply with quote

I believe saying "I love you" is like saying "I am intellegent". You can take it on faith or wait for proof. We all love to hear someone we love say that they love us. I love someone to show me that they love me.
If you are abused by a love, chances are you will hear "I'll never do it again, I love you so much". By the same token you may not hear someone say it and yet they call and visit and help you in your everyday life to be a happy and cared for person.
When my husband of thirty years says "I love you", I always say"I love you too". I always hear my heart say "I know".
kaz

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2005 9:42 am    Post subject: I Love U Reply with quote

Well guy I was with (while ago now) told me he was falling in love with me - I never said anything as shocked hadnt known him that long I thought but I suppose I was feeling same way but bit concerned about saying it - anyway he split with me and all that' happened is made me have complex that falling in love with me must be a bad thing - we still talk but not about anything like that so made me v.confused as I still like him and want to get back and I have tried to say that but he seems keen one min and not the next, so I dont have a clue - keep thinking try and forget him but hard as dont really want to. Rolling Eyes
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: