Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Online Dating Dilema

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
UrEyesOnly

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Online Dating Dilema Reply with quote

Very Happy Hello Everyone, I am new to this website, and am hoping ye might be able to help me out abit please.

For the last 3 months I have been getting to know a very special guy online through a dating website. We have progressed onto text messaging and more recently a few phone calls.

We have confided alot of private emotional stuff with each other, and we have also had loads of fun with each other. However, he recently said he doesn't want to meet up for a while yet. Now, so what no big deal, yes I know. But what do any of you think would be a good time to meet? I know of course it takes time and some take longer than others and all that. He has since told me of a particular major upheaval in his life and I know that I have to give him time for that. Plus he is going through a lot of other changes in his, eg his career.

Do you think if I wait until the Summer that that would be OK? I am almost getting to the stage where sometimes I so want to meet him and I start having doubts that he actually really does want to see me. But I try to stay positive, and not do my usual running with my tail between my legs away if you know what I mean.

So any advice/help or if you want to tell me your story, then please do. I would love to hear from you. Thanks.
Graham668686

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be worried myself too. How reliable is this dating website for truthful profiles? Maybe he has something to hide. Maybe you could see if you could arrange a short meeting just for a coffee. It wouldnt take up much of his time or interfere with anything that he needs to sort out and at least you can confirm that you either wanna continue or stop the relationship depending on how it goes.
roosa

PostPosted: Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried the online dating thing too but they always want to meet straight away, freaked me out. maybe you should continue talking but let him know you will be talking to other people too, if the thought of losing you doesnt spark him into action then maybe hes not worth waiting for.
myflava

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[url=http://www.iwishisaidno.com/forum/4408-dating-my-computer.html]online dating[/url] is hard to maintain as it comes a time when you feel love for him and then you dont' know where you stand because you can't see him. if you have webcam i guess it might be easier but no physical contact can act a lot in a relationship.
~Angel~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's hard to know what the person is really meaning when they don't want to meet right away, that's why online dating can be very hard.

I would suggest something like Graham668686 suggested, if you 2 are close enough that you could meet up for something like coffee. If you 2 aren't that close location wise, maybe wait a bit longer as you suggested til Summer to see what happens.

He just might not be ready physically, emotionally to meet, doesn't mean he doesn't care about you, just he may want to be totally ready.

I met my fiance online & we talked for oh it was about 10 months straight before he came out to meet & live w/me. We are still together & doing very well too! Smile

We had talked about him coming out, but I never thought that he would, 1 day a very good time presented itself & BAM he was here w/me!!
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck ! Very Happy
quinnquinn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:46 am    Post subject: suggestion Reply with quote

I think that he would be OK after or before summer and i want to give advice to you that try to make your relation ship strong if you make strong then he can't leave you .
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: