Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem with fiance and his parents
Goto page 1, 2  Next

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sadandconfused07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 5:53 pm    Post subject: Problem with fiance and his parents Reply with quote

I am having a problem with my fiance who is currently deployed in Iraq.He lets his parents try to run our relationship and when he makes plans for when he comes home he makes them with his parents instead of me which bothers me a little but whatever...what really bothers me is the fact that these plans involve me but yet he didn't even discuss them with me to see if i would me able to follow the plans.He acts like I don't have a life of my own and I can just stop work,college or whatever I'm doing to do what he wants to do and I'm sorry but I can't.He has gotten very bossy.When I say his parents try to run our relationship I mean they try to tell him hes got to spend the first week hes home with his mommy(as they put it) and thats not what he wants to do he wants to come see me but instead of standing up to his parents he just makes plans so where things can go the way they want and they dont gripe and he wont even stand up to his parents or say anything to them when it comes to them treating me like crap for no reason.I am just really confused on what I should do...such as try to talk to him again which when I do that things normally change for a little while then goes back to being the same way or should I just call it quits.O and hes 20 yrs old by the way.Thanks so much in advance. Sad
Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Problem with fiance and his parents Reply with quote

[quote:08edc8e13c="sadandconfused07"]I am having a problem with my fiance who is currently deployed in Iraq.He lets his parents try to run our relationship and when he makes plans for when he comes home he makes them with his parents instead of me which bothers me a little but whatever...what really bothers me is the fact that these plans involve me but yet he didn't even discuss them with me to see if i would me able to follow the plans.He acts like I don't have a life of my own and I can just stop work,college or whatever I'm doing to do what he wants to do and I'm sorry but I can't.He has gotten very bossy.When I say his parents try to run our relationship I mean they try to tell him hes got to spend the first week hes home with his mommy(as they put it) and thats not what he wants to do he wants to come see me but instead of standing up to his parents he just makes plans so where things can go the way they want and they dont gripe and he wont even stand up to his parents or say anything to them when it comes to them treating me like crap for no reason.I am just really confused on what I should do...such as try to talk to him again which when I do that things normally change for a little while then goes back to being the same way or should I just call it quits.O and hes 20 yrs old by the way.Thanks so much in advance. Sad[/quote:08edc8e13c]

Tell him this. Good luck to ya.
sadandconfused07

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Everytime I try to talk to him about it he gets a major attitude and starts yelling.
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 7:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... well, I would say everyone deserve some respect and he, as your fiance definitely should care and respect your presence...

In a love relationship, we have to always give and to take and it's never too much of either... which definitely, you couldn't be always the one giving in. Calling it quit is not a wise move here. In the long run, things would likely just worsen...

Find a chance to have a nice talk with him. Let him know you are his fiancee because you truly love him and wanted to be with him, to spend some real quality time with him; that all you ask for is his love in return for you...
sadandconfused07

PostPosted: Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks so much for the advice...it helps alot. Smile
Brandon

PostPosted: Wed Feb 07, 2007 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:b7bbbb001f="sadandconfused07"]Everytime I try to talk to him about it he gets a major attitude and starts yelling.[/quote:b7bbbb001f]

That's when you kick his smart little butt up around his ears. Shocked Laughing

Men can be a pain in the butt, can't they?
sadandconfused07

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

They can be at times but its kinda hard to set him straight or kick his butt when hes deployed.lol.
Brandon

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:b9b27fad8e="sadandconfused07"]They can be at times but its kinda hard to set him straight or kick his butt when hes deployed.lol.[/quote:b9b27fad8e]

Hmm.. well, hell.. than you will just have to love him then. Hate his ways but love the man. You know.. it's like.. hate the sin but love the sinner. That is so hard to do.. when you're mad as ****, but it can be done.
Remember.. no one is perfect.. not even me. Wink Can't ya tell? Laughing
sadandconfused07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol true...and no i really couldn't tell.. I guess I can just wait a few days after he has been home and try 2 talk 2 him about it and then i can set him straight or kick his butt.If I have to. Very Happy
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:02dc455e16="sadandconfused07"]lol true...and no i really couldn't tell.. I guess I can just wait a few days after he has been home and try 2 talk 2 him about it and then i can set him straight or kick his butt.If I have to. Very Happy[/quote:02dc455e16]

Yeah.. alright ! You go, girl ! Laughing
sadandconfused07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol.thanks for all you advice it kinda cheered me up a little bit I have been depressed over it alot here lately but atleast now I know what i have to do and what im gonna do. Very Happy
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:17c6964d5c="sadandconfused07"]lol.thanks for all you advice it kinda cheered me up a little bit I have been depressed over it alot here lately but atleast now I know what i have to do and what im gonna do. Very Happy[/quote:17c6964d5c]

Tell me ..tell me.. are you going to kick some butt? Oh, my gosh ! Shocked ..I was just kidding ! Laughing
sadandconfused07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol i will probably get mad if he wont listen to me or if he starts yellin at me and start throwin things at him and yelling but im not so sure about kickin some butt.
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:8cc36e6c1d="sadandconfused07"]lol i will probably get mad if he wont listen to me or if he starts yellin at me and start throwin things at him and yelling but im not so sure about kickin some butt.[/quote:8cc36e6c1d]

That's good. Very Happy
sadandconfused07

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2007 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well thanks again for all your advice. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: