Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Utter Confusion...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gf412

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:24 am    Post subject: Utter Confusion... Reply with quote

This guy and I spoke briefly on a boardwalk area off the beach several months ago. Then a few weeks ago, we ran into each other again and spoke for about an hour - very fluid and engaging. He's a doctor who specializes in spines and joints, so he gave me a pseudo-exam right there (hands on my hips, moving my head back and forth, etc.). He told me I had nice hair. Anyway, he offered me his business card when I asked him whether he was in a group or alone. I simply took it. The conversation continued, then when we were getting ready to go our separate ways, he hugged me, and I enthusiastically told him how glad I was that we spoke and so forth. He said that he meets lots of people all the time, and you never know who he'll meet who may need a teacher. I then volunteered my telephone number for him to call me if that happens. He put my name and number right into his cell phone. We chatted a few more minutes, then he hugged me again. We walked towards our cars, and he made another comment about my hair, and I gently stroked down his arm and smiled as I walked away. End of story!!! What happened?
gf412

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:30 am    Post subject: An Update... Reply with quote

New development: I just referred an acquaintance of mine to this doctor, and she will probably call him. Anyway, as our first contact since the meeting in my post, I emailed him with a simple greeting, hoping that he was doing well, etc., and then the next paragraph detailed my acquaintance's recent medical issues. My closing was a whimsical reference to his semi-diagnosis during our conversation, and that was it. Nothing forward or flirtatious at all; however, I did venture to make contact, which was big for me, if you have read my earlier posts.

Yes, he responded after two days and graciously thanked me for the referral and encouraged her to call him before she made any decisions. His P.S. was a recommendation to have my spine checked, which addressed my whimsical closing in my message, and then he put a winking emoticon next to it.

So now there are two benign pieces of communication after about six weeks of no contact. I guess I didn't need anything more benign in this mix, but I am sure you responders will tell me that I asked for this in my rather "professional only" message. He responded in kind. Hm-m...
reallove

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are feeling unsure, then maybe it's not meant to be. Are you looking for someone? If you are, find a person who is present and wants to be available to you. Have you tried online dating? If not, maybe give it a try. http://www.bestsitesforonlinedating.com
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: