Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Did I do the right thing?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebigbad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 pm    Post subject: Did I do the right thing? Reply with quote

A little background.

Met this girl two years back and hit it off. We got along really well, but after around a year and a half, things started falling apart. At that time we both had a big change at work and she became distant. Anything I tried to do to fix things was answered with the response she was too tired to talk, and so a few months later I told her we should both go her own ways.

Seven months later we just started hanging out again, mostly out of convenience (mid-week days off aren't great for a social life). By this point I'm confident in saying I was over her till then. Whenever we went out, I had no desire to really be with her specifically, but anyone would have done just as well.

Then two weeks ago, in not the best of mental states, we agreed to try again. We said we'd talk issues, but never did. And while not as cold as before, I didn't quite feel like she really wanted this, but had other reasons. We went out one day and she seemed distant, but at times into it and playful. I know I wasn't as I was either, but I surely was more open.

Now, another big change at work for her. So I ask her last night if she really wanted to work things out. She answers that we should wait until after the change at work to see how she feels.

Well, me, I guess being dumb, I can not see the connection between me and work. I mean, if she wants the relationship, should her job matter?

So I told her that it can't work. I didn't really get into it all, just used the excuse because we never talked like we promised, which was in fact a good enough reason for me. It meant things were the same as they had ended.

Well, here I am now, feeling like crap. Before that night, I never thought about her. Now I feel torn. On one hand, I understand things never work a second time around, and I could end up hurt again. On the other hand, I feel like I didn't give her a chance. Should I go back to her and tell her why I did what I did or let things be?
reallove

PostPosted: Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The job should not matter unless she has to move a great distance out of the area. Things can work out a second time if both individuals are willing to work together towards the goal of a loving relationship. Though it seems like she does not want the relationship. This might be the time to move on and allow someone else in your heart that is wanting to experience love. http://www.harmoniouslove.com
Cassandra

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2009 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good advice by reallove. I like it!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: