Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How can I get over my girlfriend's past relationships?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Her
View previous topic :: View next topic  
joey40

PostPosted: Sun Apr 05, 2009 4:43 am    Post subject: How can I get over my girlfriend's past relationships? Reply with quote

I am 19 years old, I have found my soulmate. I know that I am young, but I am also very mature for my age, and if anybody has been in my situation before, they will understand. She is perfect in every way possible, and I cannot imagine ever being with anybody else. She is a very special person to me and I would anything I could possibly do to make her happy.
My only problem is that it is very hard for me to get over her past relationships. I understand that it is not right for me to feel this way, and I feel that I need help, or advice on how to get through this.
I know that everybody has their own past and their own choices that they have made, but when I think of my girlfriend's past it makes me very upset. She was in 3 serious relationships throughtout highschool, before we met. And all 3 of the guys were complete assholes. It makes me upset to think that she was with these guys, because I feel that she is not that type of person now.
I guess that the reason I feel this way because the love that I feel for her is infinite. I feel that I have known her forever, even though it has only been 3 years. And when I think of the guys that she dated It hurts me to picture her with someone else.

I am not sure how to get over this. This is the only thing that I have ever been afraid to tell her because I am not sure how she will react. I just need some advice on how to relieve this pain from my heart, s that I can move on, and not get upset when these issues come up. What is the best thing to do in my situation? Please help!
dolphinboy1984

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is it exactly that upsets you about her previous relationships and does you girlfriend still have a problem with them?
stp23

PostPosted: Mon May 04, 2009 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just give yourself time to clear your head.

You're 19, entering into the adult world, and if you are upset with a girlfriend's high school romances, then you must remember that they are just that: high school romances. You have some of the coolest years of your life ahead of you, and high school romance compares as nothing to adult romance, so brace yourself and get ready for some real fun.

Cheers!
Nicki722

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: high school romances sucked Reply with quote

You have to think that thats all it was: high school guys.. at that age we didn't know how guys were really supposed to treat us.. and almost all guys in high school are assholes..i actually hated all of them.. I am sure that she looks back and realized they were mistakes.. and mistakes are good because it makes you realize what you actually want and don't want in a relationship.
chalotdatche

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maybe your thinking that these persons that your girlfriend had a relationship with had taken it far since it was serious too... just forget it, it was her past and i think you're more valuable now to her than her past. enjoy each others company. you can tell her how you feel but explain to her why. i'm sure she will understand.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Her All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: