Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm 17 and falling in love with a 24 year old man...help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moondance

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 5:24 am    Post subject: I'm 17 and falling in love with a 24 year old man...help Reply with quote

A couple months ago I met the guy of my dreams at my friends party. I've always been interested in and dated older guys but never thought I would date someone older than 20. But from the moment I saw him, I knew I had to approach him or forever hold my peace. And when I got to speaking with him, it was like something clicked. We exchanged phone numbers and have been on a couple dates but I feel like he treats me like a child. I might be younger than him, but we are both in the same point in our life. For example, he still lives with his mother, hasn't gone to college, we've both graduated high school, and have a job. We have had sex and I fear ( and people warn me) that's all he wants. Is there any way I can have a relationship with him? Because he is my dream guy and I hate that my age is hindering our future together. PLEASE HELP!
chrissibabez

PostPosted: Sun Nov 23, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been in your shoes and lived that fear. My fiance and I perked an interest in each other when we worked together at Best Buy and I was so attracted to him at the time. I didn't know him well, but it always made work fun when he was there to flirt with. I then came to find out he was 26, and at the time I was only 17. I was really concerned about this but when he invited me to a get-together I couldn't pass it up. Like you said, something clicked. The day after we hung out for the first time, he left for vacation. It drove me insane that he was gone for a week and I felt like I was stalking him by texting him and calling him but I couldn't help it. Anyway, we had a hard time saying whether we were "bf/gf" for the longest time which made me worried he was just using me. After all everyone kept saying "what would a 26 year old grown man want with a 17 year old besides sex?" Anyway, we've been together for over 3 years now and we're engaged. Everything has been perfect from his side of the relationship. I can't relate to the fact that he acts like you're so much younger than him though. My fiance has ever only made jokes about that... If I was really mature his interest never would have been sparked by me. So my situation is kind of similar... hope this helps. There is hope, but you definitely need to talk to him and ask him how he feels about it. Good luck!
Lisa843

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree...you need to talk with him and see where y'all stand..how he feels.

I believe it is possible to be compatible with that age difference for the most part. A lot of it does have to do with each of yoru maturity level and what you both want out of life and a relationship...

you can't go wrong when you keep open and honest communication.

good luck. hope things work out the way you want them. Very Happy
witch_goddess

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Age is never a hindrance when it comes to love relationship between opposite sex. I agree with what they have said that you need to talk with the guy and know what is the real score between the two of you.

Never do sex again with him if ever he initiates it because you might experience unwanted pregnancy. If he treats you like a child then why on earth did he make love to you? Guess, it is just lust after all because a man who has pure and sincere motives to the girl that they really love will respect the person and won't take her for granted. If you think that you click with one another, you should not do all the moves in earning the love of the guy. The guy should do the effort to win your love but if it is the other way around, then it would be better that you end whatever things you have for one another. Find yourself a good man who is worthy of your time, attention, care and love.

Best of luck Wink
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: