Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I don't even know how to read this guy...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Friendship
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Cricket

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: I don't even know how to read this guy... Reply with quote

Ever since my freshman year of highschool (almost 10 years ago), I've been really good friends with this guy that I met through another group of friends. He's a bit older than me, he was a junior then, but it never seemed like a big deal. We hung out almost every day and were just generally very close. He went to a nearby college so we still saw each other very often, and he even made it a point to include me in his college life. Well, naturally I fell for him. But it just didn't seem like he was into me. So I tried to move on.

At first, I started dating this guy to just test the waters with my friend - like to see if he was jealous. He casually knew the guy and didn't seem to like him very much, but it was more like distaste than jealousy. So, things went on, and eventually I found myself getting pretty serious with this other guy. My friend and I didn't hang out as much: I was busy with my boyfriend and they didn't much care for each other. It was a little soon, but about a year later (we were all in college by this point) he proposed to me. I told him I had to think about it, then I went to my friend for advice. By this point I'd long given up on any hope of something romantic between us, but he completely freaked out when I told him I was considering getting married. He yelled at me and told me he couldn't believe I was so stupid. I was so shocked. He'd never even raised his voice to me before. He ended up telling me he loved me, kissing me, and storming out. He avoided me for a few weeks until his graduation, when he just flat snubbed me. Then he moved away and I didn't hear from him for over two years. After our "fight", boyfriend/fiance had a jealous fit, became a bit abusive, and we broke up.

In the strangest coincidence ever, I'm now in the same grad school as my friend, and I'm actually living in his same apartment building. We didn't discover this until two months into the year. He's stopped ignoring me, but he does seem a bit colder than before. It's like we just don't laugh anymore. We barely spend any time alone together even though now we're in much of the same classes, but when we do hang out, he's very sweet to me, but he seems detached, or maybe just constantly absorbed in other things (which is very like him). He tells me not to get too close to him, that I deserve better than to be stuck with him, and that he's sorry I even ended up here. But even if I wanted to stay away from him, I don't think I could. I'm still not over this guy.

I just don't know what to think anymore. Input?
stp23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'd say its obvious that he was crushed. He really did love you in those days. He may still have feelings for you, but he's probably carrying that old hurt like a bad wound.

You could go for lunch or coffee and talk about things. Then you may know how he feels about you now. Conversation one-on-one, face-to-face, with this guy is how you will receive an answer.

Invite him out for coffee and a walk in a park.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Friendship All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: