Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I'm in love with my best friend

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Colin07

PostPosted: Sun Jan 07, 2007 12:29 am    Post subject: I'm in love with my best friend Reply with quote

Basically, she told me about 2.5 years ago that she fancied me but after a week she said she didn't want to risk spoiling future friendship. This broke my heart and has done ever since. Being best friends, we see each other all the time and although the friendship thing is great, and I'm so happy I have it, I can't take my mind off the fact that I love her to bits. If I'm away from her, I miss her, if I'm with her I feel great with a peppering of regret that things can't go any further.

I've spent a few weeks away from her in the past and it did take my mind off her a bit but as soon as I seen her again I was back in the same old position again. I couldn't abandon our friendship to resolve this issue though.

I think if I found a girlfriend I would start to be at ease with everything but as of yet i haven't met any girls who I think are as perfect as this girl. Being a sensitive soul I've told past potential girlfriends that i didn't want things to go any further because it feels like i'm using them if in the back of my head i know I want to be with someone else. I'm not big on the whole dating thing either so it's not like i'm spoilt for choice when it comes to meeting new women in a 1on1 sociable situation.. more like a loud chaotic atmosphere such as clubbing. My college course only has 2 girls on it too.

I don't know where to turn to now. I've told her how I feel but she just wants to be friends.. when she mentions other boys that she likes, or even worse has a boyfriend, I go crazy inside. Totally empty and lost.

Please help me with this situation as it's making me feel depressed and causing me to make other things in my life a problem.
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... when was it that you told her your feeling for her? And since then, how's things between the both of you? Still hanging out a lot with one another and no feeling any awkward from anyone?

If things still are ok with this friendship, things are still possible... as long as there are still communication and are of good quality, things may still happen...

But then again, as you said it yourself... "that it has been causing you to make other things in life a problem." Good! You know very clearly that there's also more you want to achieve in life...

Life is always full of up and down... we can't have the best of what we want all the time... now, when things are meant to be, there will just be but when it is not, it will just not...

Just let nature take its way... Well, if she were to fall for you... that you will have to be a naturally happy guy who could cheer her up and definitely not a depressed guy lost for what to do in life yeah? Wink
Colin07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kind of. I just hate how i know sooner of later she's going to find a boyfriend and be seeing him all the time and I'll not be able to hang around with them because of the way i feel.. Things in the friendship are still great though and nobody is feeling awkward. She wants me to move in with her and her flat mate though when their rent for their current place expires but i just know what isn't a good idea at all.
clynn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is her flat mate a girl or a boy?

I think it is a GREAT idea to move in with her!
Colin07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

2 girls.

How could it ever be a good idea to move in with her? Sooner or later she'll no doubt have a boyfriend who is over all the time and i'll be stuck in the worst situation i could think of. Apart from that, I'd love to move in with her.
Zallik

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't move in with her...

I had the EXACT same problem. I was in love with my best friend. She said she was interested a while ago. We were really, really close. Beyond best friend close, but when I asked her if she wanted to have a relationship she said no. She gave me the "lets just be friends" speech. Then wanted to move in with me. And now she has a fiance. She told me she never really loved me like I loved her.

I solved this situation by telling her no to moving in and I started looking around for other girls. I've finally found a girlfriend and I'm completely over my best friend. Don't move in with her, it might sound like a wet dream come true, but it'll really be heartbreaking.

She can still be your friend, but give your love and heart to someone who will give back.
Colin07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

exactly what i'm thinking... just finding the right girlfriend is proving troublesome Sad
clynn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does she know how you feel about her?
Colin07

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2007 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah I told her again in July when we were on holiday cos there was a horrible situation whereby she was getting with my m8..
clynn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, in that case, if you've told her how you feel about her (quite recently), and she hasn't responded as though she does like you as more than a friend, then yah, you don't want to move in with her.

You probably should even start to distance yourself from her so that you don't keep feeling so attached as you obviously are.
Loveminx

PostPosted: Thu Jan 11, 2007 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If she don't feel the same back , u really need to have space , and just have her in the background . if u don't u going to drive yaself up the wall . You need to look at it as your going to be the one hurting , and tell her u need to space away from her for a bit , cause if not you can't take seeing her with others , and get ya life together , u can do it , its just going to be hard , but u have to do it for u and no one else in life .
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: