Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is He Playing Me or am I just overanalyzing as usual?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Him
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Is He Playing Me?
Yes
100%
 100%  [ 1 ]
No
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 1

nickia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 12:08 am    Post subject: Is He Playing Me or am I just overanalyzing as usual? Reply with quote

I feel like I'm being played but I'm not sure?
I went out with this guy on a date. (The same guy I had talked about before) We had an amazing time and then ended up sleeping together. he called the next day from work saying if he could call me back. that was last thursday. He actually went about 4 days I think without calling. I was shopping yesterday(tuesday, april 5th) and walked right past the store this guy works at. since i regularly shop there i just decided to try calling him and seeing if i could talk to him about the situtation face to face. i didnt want things to be akward and just wanted to casually date so i wanted to tell him that. he answered was friendly as normal, told me he just started his lunch break(20 minutes) and that he wanted to talk to me if i did. we met up and i told him how i felt (it was too long to call, if he was interested just out of respect to tell me now because i didnt want things to be akward in the store etc) he looked very suprised and said he thought he called me the day after. i told him he did but that i felt it was too long to go without any type of phone call. he did apologize but didnt really explain why he called. i asked him what he would like or not like just to set the record straight and made him answer first.

he said he wanted to date me casually, go out like regular people etc. and then i thought about what i wanted to say for about 5 minutes(he asked me if i needed more time,but i said no) then i said i agreed. so, he walked me to my car, kissed me and hugged me goodbye(he also hugged me when he came to meet me- a geniune like bear-hug). i cant really read his body language because he was holding his drink and burger in one hand but i did take up his entire lunch break(which i feel bad about that) talking to him. i did remind him several times that i appreciate honesty and bluntness and he promised that he would tell me anytime he changed his mind. he said he was booked this week because of the easter holiday throwing off his work schedule b
but that didnt mean he wouldnt call. he was smiling a lot during the whole conversation and really just let me talk. he also seemed very comfortable not nervous at all and was looking me directly in the eyes whenever we talked. i reminded him that 4-5 days is too long he said hes sorry he agrees and would call like "every couple of days". he told me that he would be at my campus yesterday(wednesday, april 4th) to pick up/visit his friend Eric. I said if he saw me to give me a wave, he said he would most definetly do that. and that was the end of the conversation. im curious to know if you guys think he was being sincere or just being really polite in dumping me. I know its an extremely long story but i truly appreciate everyone that takes the time to respond. Smile
REVIEW: i talked to him on tuesday(april 3rd).he was supposed to visit his friend (wednesday, april 4th- i dont know if he did or not). today is friday, april 6th. wondering if hes going to call, if so when/when not. I plan on going into the store he's working at either this week or next week so I kinda want to know how I deal with that. I'm surprised that I haven't heard from him, because since I expressed I just wanted to casually date, I figured we would go out again, maybe/maybe not hook up and then call each other around 3 times a week.
CORRECTION: HE DID CALL THE DAY AFTER, HE JUST SAID HE NEEDED TO CALL ME BACK. SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUTTTON. HE CALLED ON THURSDAY. 4 DAYS WENT BY AFTER HE SAID HE WAS GOING TO CALL ME BACK :
thatguy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're a girl, therefore you're overanalysing. Sorry.

Damn, I've never noticed things like 'she smiled a lot' or 'she seemed comfortable'. Guys can't read stuff like that. It does sound like you're being more intense than he is, and probably freaking him out. He talks about dating casually, and you're watching his every move. Sorry, I think you may need to give him some space. If he doesn't call you when you're not showing up at his work, then there's a good chance he's not going to.
~Angel~

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would agree, give him a little space. It was good that you had a talk w/him, got the things that you wanted to tell him out of the way so he does know that you aren't a "pushover" type.

Have you talked to him since you posted this message?
nickia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:15 pm    Post subject: The update! Reply with quote

Hi! Thanks to both of you for responding. Yes, I have and so we both decided to be squeezes (dating casually, but physical involvement isn't a must; you have to actually like the person because you would be going out to dinner etc). So things have been fine so far, i've visited him a couple times at work. ive been swamped and he has as well so i was thinking we need to try and spend some time together. since we kinda of defined our relationship we havent been out since, so i would consider a date now an actual start of the relationship, minus all the pretenses and games we'd both play (for the sex lol).
the problem is...:
how do u tell a guy that you want him to take more initative. like i dont mind planning most of the dates, but after we see each other i want him to ask me what im doing for the week/weekend, not me always ask him. i just ask him because im a bit more of the impatient types, so i know i need to work on that aspect. i will be seeing him monday and so during that visit we're supposed to come up with a day that we'll go on a date again. the time doesn't have to be set yet, but i think the day should be.he said he likes agressive women, but im assertive not aggresive. lol. im blunt and hes blunt so im going to say something i was just wondering what people thought. im just a little concerned that his lack of involvement might be a mask for him not really being that into me. Confused
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 5:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe he likes that you plan the dates because he wants to please you. Some guys are afraid to plan things, because they feel afraid it will turn out wrong. It doesn't mean he isn't really into you.
nickia

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, 2007 10:05 pm    Post subject: Thanks! Reply with quote

thanks! i appreciate it. your post made me feel a lot better. Smile ill see him on monday so ill give you guys and update! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Him All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: