Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Is this common of most guys?!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pinkbubbles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:57 pm    Post subject: Is this common of most guys?! Reply with quote

Ok so I've posted about my situation on here before but its changed now. For the worse it feels. This guy has been pursuing me for over a year now. The short of the story is that he was adament that we would be together, but I refused his advances for months cause he's my brothers friend. I started to fall for him, he was very sweet and charming. It all came together with my brothers approval and everything. We've never gone on a date though. We hang out when he's home from work, he works a 2 week shift out of town and 1 week off at home during the winter. We have this amazing rapport, are conversations are great, but its never anything too deep like about 'us' or anything.

Anyways over the past couple months he seems withdrawn, he seems to get deterred easily if I can not get together with him or I am busy. He would call me while he was away to talk about work and him hating being up there so long, away from home. I've stayed the night with him several times now and he's always been willing to talk and hang out the next time he's home. I stayed with him the last time he was home, the night before he went back to work. But he's been back at work now for almost 2 weeks and I havent heard from him.

I'm just wondering if this sounds like he's given up...Do guys get deterred often? I know he's held on for longer than most guys would have, but he has also invested himself in this as I have. Like how long does a guy hold onto hope? If there is no sex involved, intimacy but no sex?
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2007 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So you don't want him to give up? Then there has to be reasons for him not to...

Well, you saying that he hate having to be up there for work, away from home... and perhaps having to be away from you? Hmmm... how about some nice talk with him, "inviting" him to be back? To find a job here back home where he can be with you?

If you really like him, why not let him know... If he is willing to be back here for you... he could just be that guy for you? Wink
Pinkbubbles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont like the fact that he goes away for work, and as I said neither does he, but he has a really good job, that pays incredibly well and he has worked along time to come to the position he is in at the company. I would never ask him to give it up. He only does that kinda work for 3 months of the year during the winter.

I feel like he is the guy for me but I dont know how I can justify that based on what I've been through with him and where we are right now. The way he's backing away, or so it feels.
~Angel~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you talked to him about the two of you yet? Like where he sees you 2 heading? Maybe you can tell him how you feel about him? That might be a step in the right direction to giving him reasons why he should stay.
mini_0

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad
see i can tell you that this happens with most of the girls , i was in a similar situation some tme ago ,
many girls are just plain unaware of the fact that guys do ditch them sometime behind their back , some like us come to know and get a hint , but others remain unaware .
[b:08da1e5adc][URL=http://www.girlsandboys4u.com/sexiest-girls-from-town.html]www.[color=Red:08da1e5adc]girls[/color:08da1e5adc]and[color=Blue:08da1e5adc]boys[/color:08da1e5adc]4u.com[/URL][/b:08da1e5adc]
~Angel~

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is why when a girl has a feeling that things have changed between her & her man she should talk to him about it.
Pinkbubbles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the advice guys.

I just wanted to let you all know its over, I've ended things between us. It just became far too complicated and more work than fun Sad

Thanks again though
Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw, well, good luck with the next one. Very Happy
~Angel~

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to hear about that Pinkbubbles

Good luck to you & w/the next man!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: