Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Friends with the ex?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Friendship
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Breezie

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2006 8:19 am    Post subject: Friends with the ex? Reply with quote

How in the world is one suoppose to be "friends" with the ex when he just acts stupid?

He makes me want to strangle him.....says the most hurtful things....but me being me I try so hard to rise above it....for my daughters sake.

I know its wrong, to do it for the kid, but I know when we move its pretty much the end of his relationship with my daughter and myself.

Any suggestions on how to tell him I don't want to do what doesn't feel right (that is staying "friends" for the daughter he doesn't support is not the way I want to be....)?

letsdoitliketheydo@hushmail.com
imonly14

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 10:33 am    Post subject: Ex? Reply with quote

Are you saying that your daughter had an ex . . . and then they are friends ? Rolling Eyes
angelica

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

imonly14 what she is saying is that her ex wants to be friends because they have a daughter together. But she feels like she shouldn't because he is a jerk and does not support the daughter.

Hope I got it right, at least thats what I understood.

As for Breezie I don't think you are obligated to continue as friends after your relasionship ended just because you have a daughter with him. My parents are divorced and they only speak to each other when there is a problem with one of my sisters or me. Is going to be hard for your daughter not to see you talk to each other as friends, but in the long run she will understand. Because if she sees you two together acting like nothing happend she is going to think that there is a posibility that you could get back together.

Wish you best on your decision and your life.
shar82me

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:e0026727af]As for Breezie I don't think you are obligated to continue as friends after your relasionship ended just because you have a daughter with him. My parents are divorced and they only speak to each other when there is a problem with one of my sisters or me. Is going to be hard for your daughter not to see you talk to each other as friends, but in the long run she will understand. Because if she sees you two together acting like nothing happend she is going to think that there is a posibility that you could get back together[/quote:e0026727af]

I coudn't agree more with angelica. however Breezie, if your daughter finds her "dad" amazing, then let her be. She also deserves some happiness and a dad to call. Just try to explain to her in a settle way the reason why you and her "dad" can no longer be together. She will understand eventually. But one things for sure, you are not obliged to continue being friends with your ex. God bless!
Waldin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:a4410f9777="shar82me"][quote:a4410f9777]As for Breezie I don't think you are obligated to continue as friends after your relasionship ended just because you have a daughter with him. My parents are divorced and they only speak to each other when there is a problem with one of my sisters or me. Is going to be hard for your daughter not to see you talk to each other as friends, but in the long run she will understand. Because if she sees you two together acting like nothing happend she is going to think that there is a posibility that you could get back together[/quote:a4410f9777]

I coudn't agree more with angelica. however Breezie, if your daughter finds her "dad" amazing, then let her be. She also deserves some happiness and a dad to call. Just try to explain to her in a settle way the reason why you and her "dad" can no longer be together. She will understand eventually. But one things for sure, you are not obliged to continue being friends with your ex. God bless![/quote:a4410f9777]

yeah..

i agree on you... co'z all of my ex hate's me at all... lol
blaze24

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2007 11:33 pm    Post subject: Breezie Reply with quote

i really don't know if u can be friend with your ex i have a ex and i love her and still want her but some time we can be friend and some time we can't so i don't know can u

it take 2 to make thing work do she want to make it work
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
luvmoth

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This remionds me so much of another post I read recently, [url=http://www.iwishisaidno.com/forum/2444-not-really-ex-boyfriend-but-still-nuisance.html]Not really an ex boyfriend but still a nuisance[/url]. I think all ex'es can be categorised into 2 groups-the nice one and the annoying ones! Most of the time we end up with the annoying types who decide to ruin your life even after you're finished with them! In your case I agree that you have to beear with him because of your daughter!Good luck!

"For every minute you are angry, you lose sixty seconds of happiness." -----
Ralph Waldo Emerson
Brandon

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 1:05 am    Post subject: Re: Friends with the ex? Reply with quote

[quote:abf5982102="Breezie"]How in the world is one suoppose to be "friends" with the ex when he just acts stupid?

He makes me want to strangle him.....says the most hurtful things....but me being me I try so hard to rise above it....for my daughters sake.

I know its wrong, to do it for the kid, but I know when we move its pretty much the end of his relationship with my daughter and myself.

Any suggestions on how to tell him I don't want to do what doesn't feel right (that is staying "friends" for the daughter he doesn't support is not the way I want to be....)?[/quote:abf5982102]

Got to do what is best for your daughter. Does she want him in her life? If not, then tell him to go fly a kite, because if I have you in my life as "friends".. you will surely drive me to drink. One parent acting like a stupid sob is enough. Someone has to be the smart one here to take good care of our daughter. That would be me.
~Angel~

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say also, if your daughter gets along w/her dad, then it would be beneficial to her to keep him in her life. If she doesn't, then go on w/your life.

Either way though, you don't have to be friends w/him. Just explain to your daugther why you & her dad can't be together. She may not understand right away, but eventually she will.
cheeky_ricxz24

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Me and my ex-boyfriends are still friends but we are not that close just like the way we used to be when we are still together.

Its not bad it's only a way of showing that you are really over him and you have moved on.

Good to have an ex as a friend because he knows your attitude and what you want. You can ask for his help if you need it.
mr_one

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's just important that you don't complain about your ex in front of the child and if there are important things to decide you have to act like adults and talk about these things like the school of the child, etc. But else a child should not be a reason for you to stay friends with your ex.
Romeoagain

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 6:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One Word..

STAY AWAY

No positives there..
chalotdatche

PostPosted: Thu Jul 16, 2009 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

if your ex is so mean to you despite the effort that you want to make friends with for your daughters sake then he doesn't deserve that. stay away from him together with your daughter. just tell your kid that it's best to stay away from him than still being hurt for the rest of your life. tell her that you don't want to do this but you have to because your hurting. if she's still a baby, then explain to her when she grows up what really happened. kids now are smarter than we think, she will understand you. trust God!
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Friendship All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: