Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Long term friendship...something new...please help.

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tempusfugit1982

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:11 am    Post subject: Long term friendship...something new...please help. Reply with quote

My experience in relationships is limited so I need another opinion (not from friends who know me). My friend of 10 yrs. came over to visit. It started out pretty usual. We sat and talked for awhile, went to dinner, and came back to my apartment to watch movies. Totally normal. It was cold in my apartment so we shared the blanket on the sofa to get warm. Throughout the night though we kept getting closer. After awhile his arms were around me and our legs were crossed together. Several times as we were talking he pushed my hair behind my ear. We sat cuddled together for hours. This part was new for us. Not sitting together or even touching in general...but the cuddling for hours and especially the hair pushed behind the ear. It was so comfortable and felt good. I couldn't not ask him about this though...he's friends with several girls and I thought it was possible this was normal for him. He said he did not do these things with other platonic friends, but when I mentioned that it felt like more than friendship he said he didn't mean for me to feel that way. I don't understand the completely mixed signals. If you were in my shoes, what would you think? Was I just over-thinking things? Was he really just being nice and keeping us warm in my cold apartment? If so, what was with the touching my hair thing? Ugh. I just have no idea how to interpret this whole situation, and do not want to mess up a 10 yr friendship reading things into a situation that may not be there. What do you think?
Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just seems like a nice guy to me. Other men would have tried something with you. You have to respect him for not being so pushy. Do you know if this guys has made love before? If not, he may be afraid to do so.
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 3:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[i:84b23c3583]"My friend of 10 yrs. came over to visit."[/i:84b23c3583]

Hmmm...? Came over to visit? Are you like saying he is actually staying quite a distance away, dropping by... and be going away again or...?

From all the cuddling, I believe he does like you in some way. I don't suppose one would do that to another whom he doesn't like? But nevertheless, I suppose you like him?

Well, I hope I interpret your message wrongly... that he isn't going away and you guys have plenty of chances to be seeing one another. In such cases, as long as there are plentiful of enjoyable communication between you guys... things are possible... Hmmm... so just wait and look out for more signs yeah? No need for rush into things... Wink
Ocean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As you have been friends for as long as 10 years nd are so closed, my meanig is that you can ask him directly. Tell him about your impressions and have an open talk with him about it, as friends.
If you open up, he might do the same, and tell you if there is more or not.
He might want to speak about it as well but do not dare.
Also the fact that he has gone throiugh the same thoughts as you did. For exemple not doing anything more with you out of respect for you and your friendship and out of fear to spoil this 10 years friendship if you werent in for it.. So talk with him, i am sure it will relieve both of you.
Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to know something. The best thing to do is ask. You might not like the answer you get, but either way, you will know. You can now have your peace of mind back, and stop wondering about things. Go talk with the guy. People really can't read others minds, you know. He won't know how you feel about htings..unless you tell him.

I was called a lot of things before.. Shocked .. but a mind reader wasn't one of them. Embarassed Laughing
Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My typing sucks. Sorry. I have been up all night in pain. Crying or Very sad
Ocean

PostPosted: Mon Feb 19, 2007 4:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:10aa023e51="Brandon"]If you want to know something. The best thing to do is ask. You might not like the answer you get, but either way, you will know. You can now have your peace of mind back, and stop wondering about things. Go talk with the guy. People really can't read others minds, you know. He won't know how you feel about htings..unless you tell him.

I was called a lot of things before.. Shocked .. but a mind reader wasn't one of them. Embarassed Laughing[/quote:10aa023e51]

HAHAHA! is it supposed to be funny? Razz

but you are right about the rest, i have teach you good i see.
What about doing it yourself to begin with? Shocked Laughing Razz
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: