Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Me

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> New Member Introductions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doubledown777

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:44 pm    Post subject: Me Reply with quote

So my names Sharif, Iím 27 ,a Leo, u know the lion just without the growl. Some say iím the playful Leo, I donít really see it myself, unless youíre the playful type:) Ö The question of the day, what does it take to really get to know somebody? The answer Ö I really donít know I just generally try my damnest when writing because I enjoy tearing down those walls, you know those barriers that people put up when theyre confronted with conversation, when ultimately all they really want to do is smile. Oh yeah Iím a freelance journalist with nothing better to do this evening other than type gibberish.

Deep down im very much a humanitarian, I cry when I see poverty and death, when Meg Ryan dies in city of angels (ignore that if you havenít seen it), when something beautiful and inspiring hits the right nerve ending, I believe there are so many beautiful people in the world, sadly image and peer pressure repress people from being themselves, i think I am one of those individuals but im trying to come out of my shell.

Half of me is a city slicker who works in banking to the pay bills and maintain my lifestyle. This doesnít help with my repression but I figure the first step is knowing where u are in life before working out how you wish to change it. Nevertheless when in some company im probably the same as one of those goofballs shoving martinis down your throat and saying what you want to hear because its so hard to get laid when you have sex printed on your forehead and every murmur from your being shows such.

The other half of me free spirited, I drink coffee on Saturday mornings and chill with my half owned dog Bellagia (split with the ex Ö long story). John Mayer plays in the background and I close my eyes ,play my imaginary guitar, imagine I can write lyrics and play the guitar as beautifully as him, it seems as real as the coffee sometimes, Everything has a deeper meaning and in a sense I can enjoy everything in a way where I feel I am myself.
ďWhen sky blue gets dark enough, To see the colors of the city lights A trail of ruby red and diamond white Hits her like a sunriseĒ
Thereís nothing to me more beautiful than a wonderful piece of writing
I donít really like writing about myself generally speaking , it gives an opportunist like me an opportunity to sing my own praises, when the truth of the matter is Iím not the happiest individual world despite showing otherwise. I guess Iíve had a lot of good things too early in my life and a lot of bad things also. I am extremely worldly because of my experiences and yet in some funny way feel drawn out, pulled in to many directions at once. I write to deal with this feeling and try to experience as much as I can in life, I often share my journals with close friends and family, one day I will share my thoughts and dreams to the world.

My ethnicity is very diverse Ė Chinese, Phillipino, Spanish, Argentinian, Arabic just like my life.

I like almost everything if I give it a chance but sometimes time deals you a bad hand and that probably explains why im not the biggest ska punk fan. I do however like most sports and gambling on all of those, Chinese food and kung fu movies but not in combination, travelling Ö sipping iced lattes on ocean drive, comedy and anybody with a good sense of humour and much more Ö

Ive been quite fortunate with my traveling and have had the opportunity to live in Madison Wisconsin, New York, Miami, Egypt, and Newcastle if you count that as fortunate. I hope to move back to New York one day, its my second home and I miss it greatly

I get on with most people but I guess thatís my personality giving me a choice Ö secretly Im sceptical but maybe thatís my personality giving me no choice Ö I love a girl who can take control, take charge and be understanding Ö finding this combination in addition to all my other vast demands is becoming a real bane on the very little love and romance I do get in my life Ö

Sharif
Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, nice to meet you ! Your life sounds great. Thanks for sharing it with us. Very Happy
Brandon

PostPosted: Mon Feb 12, 2007 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, good luck with your love life. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> New Member Introductions All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: