Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Boyfriend had dinner with ex

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Her
View previous topic :: View next topic  
clynn

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: Boyfriend had dinner with ex Reply with quote

How upset would you all be if your boyfriend went out for dinner with his ex?

He states they are only just friends. ANd he says things to reassure me.

However, my emotions betray logic and it upsets me.
Kemaree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is telling you about it, thats a good sign. It means he respects you and doesnt want you to get any mixed messages. He is telling you they are just friends, and more than likely they are just friends. Being paranoid will only hurt your relationship. Overreacting will just show you don't trust him. And if you love him you should.

Be grateful he isn't doing it behind your back, and be careful because if you have a history of being jealous, he may decided to stop telling you about it in the future.

He is trying to reassure you. Chances are he could be lying, but he also could be telling the truth. Do you really want to assume the worst? I'd be alot more worried if he was doing nothing.
lesser

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 2:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't let him! Smile It's the easiest thing to cheat with some of your exes.
Broken Rainbow

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't try to control him it'll push him away. Don't let him see jealousy, it'll make him think you don't trust him and that will ruin you two.
It's perfectly normal for many people to stay friends with their ex's.
One of my ex's I can't really say I'm friends with currently cuz he's such an ass. But his family is my family, I'm very close to them. So if anyone tried to tell me not to see him or them anymore because they were insecure about, they either have to deal with it or I'm gone.
Like in the fist comment, if he is telling you about it it is a good sign and you really shouldn't have anything to worry about. Instead of acting jealous maybe ask if you could go with them next time, and explain you'd feel more comfortable with them being friends if you really got to know her alittle bit. Cuz really, women can be venomous. So you should trust him, just be skeptical of her until you know her alittle.
clynn

PostPosted: Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've met her once before.

And I am more than skeptical of her.
Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:04 pm    Post subject: Re: Boyfriend had dinner with ex Reply with quote

[quote:62ec67f4f9="clynn"]How upset would you all be if your boyfriend went out for dinner with his ex?

He states they are only just friends. ANd he says things to reassure me.

However, my emotions betray logic and it upsets me.[/quote:62ec67f4f9]

It's just dinner. Believe him until you find out different. It's hard to trust us guys, huh? Dinner is one thing.. sex is another.
Brandon

PostPosted: Tue Jan 30, 2007 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:86ec5bc5a1="clynn"]I've met her once before.

And I am more than skeptical of her.[/quote:86ec5bc5a1]

The girl can come on to him, but that doesn't mean that the guy will go there. If (and I do mean "if") the guy goes there, you wouldn't want him anyway. I have had to say no, and I'm sure that this guy can too.
clynn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2007 3:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Her All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: