Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I need some advice. Please help!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Secret Squirrel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2007 7:47 pm    Post subject: I need some advice. Please help!! Reply with quote

Hi thanks for reading this.

I really need some help with this one. I am quite old and have never had the courage to ask a girl for a date, or drink.

I cannot seem to do it I just want to run away!!!

I go to a company and like one of the girls on reception. I only see her every couple of months or so when I visit. I cannot see her only when I arrive and leave the company concerned.

I do not work for the same company, but have chatted to her about the odd thing like holidays etc. I would like to ask her out. All my mates tell me just to do it but I seem so scared. Any advice appreciated. Thanks

Secret Squirrel...
Zallik

PostPosted: Sat Jan 13, 2007 5:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a whole slew of things you can do to get over being shy. After a while it really stopped bothering me. I've been able to ask out the most random girls with no indicators of interest and they've actually become interested just because I was so bold.

Try these things:
-Use a three second rule... ask her out within three seconds of seeing her to make sure you don't back down.

-Bum quarters off random homeless people.

-Ask out random girls that you don't care about.

Remember when you ask the receptionist out, it doesn't really matter if she says no. Next time, it'll be even easier to ask a girl out. It's a win-win situation. She either says yes, or you have more experience under your belt.
Secret Squirrel

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You Zallik for your reply to my question.

It is so nice to know that I am not alone with this problem. I had to go to the company this week (10th Jan) and I was going to ask her, but backed out I am afraid. This sent me looking for answers on line and my original post.

Having read your reply it is nice to see it from another angle, and will do as you say.

Watch this space!!

Many thanks for your reply.

Kind Regards

Secret Squirrel
Kemaree

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Women like confidence. It's a fact. So being shy is bad. The easiest way to get around this is to get rid of the things that make you shy.

You need to think hard about the reason you can't do it. Do you feel intimidated? Do you fear rejection? Are you just bad at thinking of how to ask? etc

Once you have worked this out, then you can work around it. Because once you do ask that first person out, it does become easier. Practise does make perfect or at the very least, helps you become less nervous.

If asking her to her face is enough to make you weak at the knees and want to panic. Then don't ask her to her face. It's immature and stupid sure, but we are only human. We get nervous, it happens. If she likes you, she won't care. If she does, then she probably wasn't worth it to begin with.

Email her, ring her. Its the easiest way, or sms even. This is the technological age, make the most of it. You can ask her, and it's less scary.

I think if you work up to the whole face to face ask out, by the time you get there, you will have had enough experience to realise that it's not as big a thing as you thought. And if she does say no, what have you lost?
quinnquinn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 11:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very interesting story,don't worry guy you like a receptionist ,don't worry
first try to meet that girl ,once you will fail again try after meeting you ,
friendship after some days tell her your heart voice ,she definitely say
"YES "
OK
sweetcassie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never thought a lot of guys would feel this way about girls. I have seen guys who are really really thick and really witty when it comes to girls.

My advice is to be just yourself plus added courage. You will never know, gathering up that courage is all you need to have the girl.. Very Happy Just try, it wouldn't hurt.
quinnquinn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: RE:I need some advice. Please help!! Reply with quote

Yes! I agree with you and I am sure you will get what you want.
Good luck!
quinnquinn

PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 6:35 pm    Post subject: RE:I need some advice. Please help!! Reply with quote

thats all
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: