Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Confused, please help

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
i<3u

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 12:54 pm    Post subject: Confused, please help Reply with quote

hey,
just a small question
there's this guy friend that i know and i do like him more than a friend but the problem is that he has a gf and whenever i talk to him and we talk about relationships and things to do with that he always tells me that him and his gf have broken up when they really havent.
i really dont know what to think or do.
please help, does it mean anything? why is he lying to me?
please help. thanks.
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmm... ok just a little thought here.

Well, things are certainly ok if he has indeed broken off with his GF. But since it is not, I can't think of any nice and right of him to be lying to you. Worse, if he could be treating his GF so... at the same time "flirting" with you, I don't really see how nice or rather how commited a person he would be.

Now is it worth trying and to even be starting and very possibly getting yourself hurt? Yes, not doubt we have to always try but still, we should be trying in a smart way...
i<3u

PostPosted: Fri Dec 08, 2006 3:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah i do want to do it the smart way and show him that im not interested in him (even though i am).
but in a way i do think he kind of knows that he keeps lying to me because there have been many times when he has told me they've broken up and then i see them together doing the whole gf/bf stuff.
but i just dont understand if he even kind of knows that he's lying to me why does he keep doing it and he has told me that he doesnt have a gf already about 5 times.??
scorpio
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you really have to know why he is lying? Well, the best way to be doing it would be telling and asking him straight in his face when he lie to you again and see how he will react...

But still, is it worth making yourself troubled over him? Or is it better to be spending your time and effort on other things or other possible relationship...? Do think about it...
i<3u

PostPosted: Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah, your right, its not worth it because then it means if i do after may get with him he will be treating me as he has treated his current gf.

and next time he brings it up (telling me him and his gf have broken up) i will tell him straight out why are you lying to me and see his response.

thanks for the help.
chayne

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hello...

this guy is not on the level with his girlfreind or you. He has no self-respect. Likely - I'm sorry, but likely, whenever he and his girlfriend have a tiff - he seeks out you. He can threaten to leave his irlfreind because you are "next in line", or her knowing about you might spice up their romance. Meanwhile, he doesn't have to take any risks, becasue he has all his bases covered.

If he respected you as a person he wouldn't jerk your chain.

He may really like you, but he is too immature at the moment to show some self respect and respect others. He is a coward. Somwhere in life he got the idea that manipulating others is the only way he can have his needs met.

You are showing him what a true friend does when you walk away from his crap; that you do not value this type of behavior; and that you care enough to tell him what you will not put up with.
AshleyRose

PostPosted: Wed Dec 20, 2006 4:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

He's looking for some fun, a bit on the side. Don't be that bit. He'll walk away like nothing happened. If he is a friend keep him as a friend and try to be a friend to his girl too.
fluffy23

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: cold hard truth Reply with quote

okay first off stop calling him your friend. Friends are honest and protect each others feelings. He obviously isn't doing this.
You need to open your eyes and see hes using you for something. Raise your standards and let it be known your not his side dish. Boys will be boys. Stop talking to him before you get to involved. He sounds shady and manipulative....not really the way any relationship should start out.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: