Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

should I stay with him?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lilyrose

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2009 10:24 pm    Post subject: should I stay with him? Reply with quote

To start off with Im in the military and I met this guy when I was deployed. We started "dating" during the deployment and we spent most every night hanging out together that we could after work. Now we are finally back home in the states and still dating. But now that we are back it seems like he is always too busy to spend time with me and he is always out with his friends or he says he is busy with other stuff. I have made some suggestions that we go out and do stuff, but he still keeps making excuses and its not like we are hours away from each other, its more like 10 or 15 minutes. We do spend some time together at each others places but it is never for too long because it seems like he always other plans the same day. I don't know if he's still interested in me or if it was more of just a "deployment thing". Should I stay with him or call it quits?
gaddes

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2009 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Tell him how you feel,and if that doesn't work move on.
stp23

PostPosted: Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because of deployment, he may just need time to unwind now that he's back home and catch up with his friends and loosen up. Don't take it personally. However, I would suggest to stay in contact with him and when he's ready, he may start things up again with you.

In the meantime, don't limit yourself, and enjoy the time back home. Go with other guys if you have to.
Lisa843

PostPosted: Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

great advice from the above posters....

also I'd add if he keeps making excuses, then something does seem to be the matter. Maybe it was just a "deployment thing"?? The best thing to do is discuss things with him, get a feel of what he's thinking/feeling. Then take things from there. If there is something more and he wants more from you ..then great. But if he doesn't, then it's time to move on and find someone that WILL appreciate you..and not keep making excuses.

Good luck with all that. hope it works out the way you want. take care. Wink
Manzier

PostPosted: Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:58 pm    Post subject: Re: should I stay with him? Reply with quote

[quote="lilyrose"]To start off with Im in the military and I met this guy when I was deployed. We started "dating" during the deployment and we spent most every night hanging out together that we could after work. Now we are finally back home in the states and still dating. But now that we are back it seems like he is always too busy to spend time with me and he is always out with his friends or he says he is busy with other stuff. I have made some suggestions that we go out and do stuff, but he still keeps making excuses and its not like we are hours away from each other, its more like 10 or 15 minutes. We do spend some time together at each others places but it is never for too long because it seems like he always other plans the same day. I don't know if he's still interested in me or if it was more of just a "deployment thing". Should I stay with him or call it quits?[/quote]

Move on.
whiteberry

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 3:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Talk to him, tell him how you feel. Try to ask him a direct question so that you'll be able to know where to place yourself. According to your story, it seems that he is no longer interested to you... or maybe there is something you don't know about him... and that is what you need to find out - the reason why he suddenly changed.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Dating Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: