Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I Don't Love You...

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Letters
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lisa843

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 12:09 am    Post subject: I Don't Love You... Reply with quote

I Don't Love You

I don't love you, not at all; on the contrary, I detest you - You're a naughty, gawkey, foolish Cinderella. You never write me, you don't love your husband, you know what pleasure your letters give him, and yet you haven't written him six lines, dashed off casually!
What do you do all day, Madam? What is the affair so important as to leave you no time to write to your devoted lover? What affection stifles and puts to one side the love, the tender and constant love you promised him? Of what sort can be that marvelous being, that new lover who absorbs every moment, tyrannizes over your days, and prevents your giving any attention to your husband? Josephine, take care! Some fine night, the doors will be broken open, and there I'll be. Indeed, I am very uneasy, my love, at receiving no news of you, write me quickly four pages, pages full of agreeable things which shall fill my heart with the pleasantest feelings.
I hope before long to crush you in my arms and cover you with a million kisses burning as though beneath the equator.

Napoleon Bonaparte to Josephine Bonaparte, Verona, November 13, 1796

credit/source:
http://www.yuni.com/library/docs/623.html
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I just love that poem....so romantic!!!

I have heard that they were very much a "romantic couple"...but I never read anything that they had actually written to one another...

I would love to hear something she wrote to him as well...
hmmm...might need to do some research....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

here's another one....

Napoleon Bonaparte to Josephine De Beauharnais
Paris, December 1795

I wake filled with thoughts of you. Your portrait and the intoxicating evening which we spent yesterday have left my senses in turmoil.
Sweet incomparable Josephine, what a strange effect you have on my heart!
Are you angry?
Do I see you looking sad? Are you worried? ...
My soul aches with sorrow, and there can be no rest for your lover; but is there still more in store for me when, yielding to the profound feelings which overwhelm me, I draw from your lips, from your heart a love which consumes me with fire? Ah! it was last night that I fully realized how false an image of you your portrait gives!
You are leaving at noon; I shall see you in three hours.
Until then, mio dolce amor, a thousand kisses; but give me none in return, for they set my blood on fire.

Bonaparte

....................................................................................
In addition to being a brilliant military mind and feared ruler, Napoleon Bonaparte (1763 - 1821) was a prolific writer of letters. He reportedly wrote as many as 75,000 letters in his lifetime, many of them to his beautiful wife, Josephine, both before and during their marriage. This letter, written just prior to their 1796 wedding, shows surprising tenderness and emotion from the future emperor.
Max Wallace

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good ones. Very Happy
Lisa843

PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Max Wallace"]Good ones. Very Happy[/quote]
yeah I thought so. glad you enjoyed them. Smile
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Letters All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: