Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

why would he do this?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Him
View previous topic :: View next topic  
katiebug

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 8:54 am    Post subject: why would he do this? Reply with quote

So there is this guy, and he has me so confused. I do not personally know him. We have talked on myspace alittle over the last few months and are both in relationships. Here is where it gets confusing. He views my page alot, (I have a tracker and we live a few hours apart). In about 3 weeks time I got about 350 views on my page, mostly from his area, and those that I had thought were random, I later found out were where he has family living.
My question is why would he send family and friends to view my page? What reasons would he have? What is going on here?
I am so confused. Please help.
stp23

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2008 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is the possibility that he is visiting relatives and friends and is using their computers to view your page. Other than that, it could be merely coincidence. Are you comparing the hits in proportion to hits from other towns and cities close to you? People are probably checking your page out because you are close to them.

By the way, if you want a real romance, don't rely on MySpace. Use the method that people have for tens of thousands of years: get out there and meet people face to face.
katiebug

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your reply.
The hits are from his area, not mine we live over 3 hours apart.
stp23

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 12:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're welcome! Good luck in your quest for romance.
katiebug

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 5:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:6220000cd4="stp23"]By the way, if you want a real romance, don't rely on MySpace. Use the method that people have for tens of thousands of years: get out there and meet people face to face.[/quote:6220000cd4]

First of all, I don't know if I would want to date this person. I would have to get to know him better before that, I am not opposed to getting to know him better.
Two, what is wrong with getting to know someone on myspace or any other online source for dating?
I have met a lot of jerks in person.
stp23

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 4:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's nothing implicitly wrong with it, however, it provides these disadvantages to you:

Whenever you're dealing with a stranger online, you're at a disadvantage in evaluating the "real" person. For instance, they might not be who they say they are or misrepresent themselves. A married guy can easily pass himself off as an unmarried guy. Or an older one as a much younger one.

Second, relationships start best from the ground up. Your first impression of a person is best received in meeting them face to face. We could go into a book length reply here, but in a nutshell, a lot of factors come into play, such as verbal and non-verbal cues, emotional rapport and so forth. Humans evolved for hundreds of thousands of years with the face-to-face method of meeting prospective love interests, so it's a true and tested way. As you stated, you've met jerks in real life....you know they were jerks because you were able to evaluate them as such by meeting them face to face. So, you've answered your own question. Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Ask Him All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: