Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

I live in Australia, he lives in America
Goto page Previous  1, 2

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing that was a good answer you gave back cupid!
he will contact you i am sure of that. If he cried cause you were leaving, he is hooked on you for sure.
he just doesnt want to show it. And who knows? maybe soemone told him to do exactly what brandon said " be hard to get! dont let her think you are easy.." Laughing
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:7427090374="lilcupid"]lmao I'm not going to say that to him....any man would run from a chick saying that!! If a guy said that to me I seriously would be turned off. I will let him come to me. If he doesn't it's his loss[/quote:7427090374]

Good.. I'm proud of you !

Why do I now feel like I'm Dr. Fix it ? Laughing
lilcupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:f5e1cfc8e0="Brandon"][quote:f5e1cfc8e0="lilcupid"]Trust me, I may wear my heart on my sleeve lol but I don't take a lot of shit.
I do realize I need to let guys chance me more. I am impatient I admit that! But I also know my worth lol. Sounds arrogant but any guy would be lucky to have me. Facts are I have become much fussier as I get older. I won't settle for second best. Sounds strange but you have actually made me realize more
then you know! Thanks!!!! xoxo[/quote:f5e1cfc8e0]

Good ! Smile YOU GO, GIRL !! Laughing

P.S. Don't ever and I mean "EVER' let a man man handle you or make you feel like you are nothing compared to him. I saw a talk show once..
I felt so sad for these girls. They were so pretty and their guys made them feel like they are nothing. This one was really pretty and he made her feel ugly. Twisted Evil The poor girl really thoguht she was ulgy. The girl was a beaut, mate... beautiful.[/quote:f5e1cfc8e0]

Trust me Brandon I have been there...never again!!! It taught me quite a lot about myself and one thing I know is a) l react badly to any form of belittling lol and b) if a man ever decided to man handle me (which an ex threatened me with a few times) he would be dead and buried by myself and everyone else lol in my life...so he wouldn't want to!! Very Happy

Don't understand guys who are like that. One thing i do know is they are the ones who will die old and lonely.
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:f6e81c859e="lilcupid"][quote:f6e81c859e="Brandon"][quote:f6e81c859e="lilcupid"]Trust me, I may wear my heart on my sleeve lol but I don't take a lot of shit.
I do realize I need to let guys chance me more. I am impatient I admit that! But I also know my worth lol. Sounds arrogant but any guy would be lucky to have me. Facts are I have become much fussier as I get older. I won't settle for second best. Sounds strange but you have actually made me realize more
then you know! Thanks!!!! xoxo[/quote:f6e81c859e]

P.S. Don't ever and I mean "EVER' let a man man handle you or make you feel like you are nothing compared to him. I saw a talk show once..
I felt so sad for these girls. They were so pretty and their guys made them feel like they are nothing. This one was really pretty and he made her feel ugly. Twisted Evil The poor girl really thoguht she was ulgy. The girl was a beaut, mate... beautiful.[/quote:f6e81c859e]

Trust me Brandon I have been there...never again!!! It taught me quite a lot about myself and one thing I know is a) l react badly to any form of belittling lol and b) if a man ever decided to man handle me (which an ex threatened me with a few times) he would be dead and buried by myself and everyone else lol in my life...so he wouldn't want to!! Very Happy

Don't understand guys who are like that. One thing i do know is they are the ones who will die old and lonely.[/quote:f6e81c859e] Yeah, right along with the cheaters of the world.
lilcupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:0e821b794a="Brandon"][quote:0e821b794a="lilcupid"][quote:0e821b794a="Brandon"][quote:0e821b794a="lilcupid"]Trust me, I may wear my heart on my sleeve lol but I don't take a lot of shit.
then you know! Thanks!!!! xoxo[/quote:0e821b794a]

I felt so sad for these girls. They were so pretty and their guys made them feel like they are nothing. This one was really pretty and he made her feel ugly. Twisted Evil The poor girl really thoguht she was ulgy. The girl was a beaut, mate... beautiful.[/quote:0e821b794a]

Don't understand guys who are like that. One thing i do know is they are the ones who will die old and lonely.[/quote:0e821b794a] Yeah, right along with the cheaters of the world.[/quote:0e821b794a]

Very true Dr Fix It lmao...I seriously did need to hear what you said. It's amazing what a confused mind can do to ones soul! Dr Fix It...can you jump in my pocket?? That way when I need some logic when I have lost the plot lmao you can be my voice of reason Laughing
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing No, but if you ever need a friend to talk to, I'm here for you. Will that do?
lilcupid

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Crying or Very sad Ok Dr Fix It....but having a pocket friend kinda sounded like fun! But I accept that Very Happy Thanks!!
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:c0ce4ec3ce="lilcupid"]Crying or Very sad Ok Dr Fix It....but having a pocket friend kinda sounded like fun! But I accept that Very Happy Thanks!![/quote:c0ce4ec3ce]

Crying or Very sad Confused
lilcupid

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an update. After seriously debating on whether or not I could continue having someone in my life who I actually thought about as one of my closest friends and had reached out to him when things were pretty rough in my life about a week ago as well as sending the email he seem to choose to ignore I have cut him out of my life. One thing I have realized is that if he cared enough for me he would not have ignored phone calls and emails in which I poured my heart out in. I have always been there for him no matter what. It's sad to finally realize that he isn't the person I thought he was. In the end I know I deserve better and can not be bothered with games. If you seriously do care about someone and have known them for a year games should not be played at all! To me it shows immaturity and a lack of feelings.
I just wish these tears and feeling of betrayal would go away!!!!
Sara

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about all this lilcupid, I don't know why people behave this way but it happens so much, the feeling of betrayal will ease, just remember you are much better and deserve much better.
lilcupid

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's ok Sara Smile He and I have talked. Things have kind of been sorted out. Atleast i still have him as one of my best friends. In the end thats the important thing. His too special to lose
hugmeup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Cupid,
I think it depends on the man. I have been talking to a man for 10 months and will go to see him in December. I was very attracted to him right from the start and as we got to know each other we have formed a strong friendship. About 5 months into our chats, I wrote him a love letter. It basically said that I did not know when I had started to love him but I did. Anyway, he never said he loved me in a romantic way but said that he loved me as a person, that I was a good woman and had qualities that would be hard to match and he did not get scared or run from the situation. We are much older than you though. Both of us are 57 and not into playing games but I can understand how even at my age it is important to take it slow.
About a month ago, when we were talking, we both acknowledged that we cared for each other in a special way and he said that at some point earlier I had let something get in the way. He said that he thought I was infactuated and he was RIGHT!!!
That was what he felt when I wrote him the love letter. Now I realize that I love him but am not in love with him. The difference here is that you have met him already and probably had a wonderful visit.
At this point, I think he may be a bit nervous and I think that it was good that you gave him the option to tell you if he felt the same or not and that you let him know that you would not mention it again if he did not.
He may be thinking about how he feels and needs a bit of time to get thru his emotions and thoughts.
Do NOT email him again or try to contact him at this point. This has nothing to do with playing mind games. It simply means that you will give him the time and space to think and you will not come off as being needy.
Wish you the best of luck in this situation.
I would personally discourage any woman from expressing love first. I think it is ok to say that you love him as a person and that you appreciate the way he is. It is ok to say that you are happy that you have had the opportunity to meet someone like him. This will make him feel good without any pressure.
Just my humble opinion
hugmeup

PostPosted: Mon Oct 22, 2007 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry Cupid but I did not notice your most recent post about the situation before I gave my opinion.
Things always get better with time.
Take care.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: