Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Question?

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
missmeg29

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Question? Reply with quote

"Feelings change, but the commitment will always stay the same." is this statement true when it comes to relationships? Is there a tendency for people to fall in and out of love with the person that there with, and if they do fall out of love, is that the time they should leave. My five year relationship ended six months ago, and I believe that I loved him enough to not end the relationship, but wasn't in love enough to fully enjoy it. saying i love you to a man allows me to think that it's all about the lovey dovey feelings. To me, lovey-dovey= i love you. just making sure i didn't make a mistake but wanted to know that if falling in and out of love is just what happens the longer you're with someone. Thanks for all replies. Very Happy
Brandon

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess in some relationships, it is that way.

For me, I love the lovey dovey part of it, but to me, it is so much more than saying " I Love You" Or "I do". Any relationship takes work on both parts. You have to have love, honor, and respect for each other. Listen to each other when the other is talking. Be there for each other no matter
what.
missmeg29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

even if you don't feel like you're in love? what's the key to having a 30 year long relationship. I know people fall out of love, but what makes them stay?...... Confused
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No where else to go. Can't make it on their own. Still love the person even though the person has treated them badly. Oh, and stay together for their kids sake.
missmeg29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

is that healthy? Because i believe that i love my ex boyfriend but without lovey dovey is doesn't feel like a relationship to me. I don't want to make a mistake in future relationships. I'm only 21 so sorry for the juvenile mindset.
mama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO IT ISNT HEALTHY, BUT some dont have a choice or dont dare take the next step to come out of it.
In your case i will say that its natural ot dont be 100% completely in love all the time, there is ups and downs. But if you loved one you will certianly feel you miss that person when apart.
If not, then there is nothing.
I think lovey dovey is good, you cant really ever get too sentimental.. Wink
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:5ea8519384="missmeg29"]is that healthy? Because i believe that i love my ex boyfriend but without lovey dovey is doesn't feel like a relationship to me. I don't want to make a mistake in future relationships. I'm only 21 so sorry for the juvenile mindset.[/quote:5ea8519384]

No, you are not being juvenile in telling what you want from a man.
Brandon

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 6:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is, I'm too lovey dovey, too romantic and way too nice.
mama

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I dont see it as a problem. I am that way too. It gets you into trouble in this world.. Rolling Eyes Sad I feel we are not like the others.. like too noble or utopic. As if love was an utopia.
missmeg29

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

there were times at the end of my relationship where my boyfriend and I wouldn't see each other for a week or two and we would be fine I didn't miss him. Just didn't know if that was because i was so frustrated because i didn't feel any romance at the time or if it was because we spent so much time together that two weeks didn't kill us being away from one another. The relationship got boring and stale, and he broke it off. He basically told his sister, who told me, that I wanted to have some fun and excitement in the relationships, doing things like date night or taking romantic getaways and stuff, and he told his sister that he wasn't about to do that. I can't have a relationship where we stay in all the time. It was school then go over to his house to go to bed. Just trying to figure out if we were really in a rut or if the love just became dead. I tell you now, i miss him and want to call to see how he's doing, but when we went to his mother's wedding, he didn't acknowledge my presence, when he DUMPED me! Dunno. It's been 6 months and we don't communicate what so ever. He won't give me my senior pics back, but takes off pics of us on facebook but doesn't change his relationship status to single. sorry. done with my soapbox.
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: