Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

My Strange Relationship

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JulietJules

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 4:52 am    Post subject: My Strange Relationship Reply with quote

[b:e3ebc61d1f] I am in a relationship with this guy for nearly a year. 6 months long distance relationship and finally he's here. He's the youngest in his family. Everything seems so fine when he was in another town but things started to get really depressing after he arrives here. Actually the problem is not with him but with his mother. In our country, most of us stay with our parents sometimes even after we get marry. Well, being the youngest son, I think his mom got attached to him too much. You wont't believe this but his mom follow everywhere he goes. Yep, that's right. We attend this class just to see each other everyday but we have so much little time alone (only in the class) coz his mom waiting for him outside the class. The other day we kissed for first time in the class room while no one was there and his mom knocked the classroom door just to warn us that our classmates are coming. It was really frustrating and embarassing moment for me. Oh, kissing in public is also disrespect in our culture. I got into fights with him a lot lately bcoz of his mom. He's also frustrated and had a fight with his mom. We never have our private time. Last month we went to celebrate our 8th month anniversary and I end up talking with his mom. I love him and we even discuss about future plan next year but I m not sure I can deal with his mom.

Jules
[/b:e3ebc61d1f]
~Angel~

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2007 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry to hear that you are having to share so much of your relationship time w/you boyfriend w/his mother.

I would suggest trying your hardest to get a little alone time w/him so that you 2 can have a talk. I understand that it's part of the culture, but there really does have to be a line drawn by your boyfriend to his mother. She visits him in his classes? She goes w/you 2 on dates? Irregardless of culture I think that is a bit much.

Good luck in trying to find time alone w/him & your talk. Keep us posted.
JulietJules

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2007 5:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thx angel for your reply. She doesnt follow him in the class but waiting outside the lobby or reception area of the class that we attend. Yesterday she wasnt talking to me at all coz i didnt greet her. She talked to my bf and all my classmates but not me. Geez, sometimes i got really annoying when things happening like this. I dont go out with him anymore after my first time as his mom was with us all the time and I dont even have time to talk to my bf.

Jules
JulietJules

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cant imagine how dreadful I am. In two weeks, my birthday is coming up. My bf has been planning a romantic dinner night out for us. Sadly, she's gonna accompany us too. My bf said she's gonna have dinner alone on balcony while we gonna have it in private dining area. Anyway, she's gonna come with us. Things have been getting worse and worse with her. Sometimes I just wonder i could stand it or not. I love my bf but loving him doesnt mean I am gonna also have to drag along with his mom. I am getting tired.
We have plans to settle down in Australia and we are hoping to go next year after we get married. She's gonna come along with us too. No doubt I love her but I dont think I can live like this anymore.
Both of us dont have our privacy. We never go out coz I dont want to. I dont want his mom following us all the time. She's 63 years old, we both adults, both over 20 years of age, have our own jobs and we both run our own company.
It's like long distance relationship. We talked on the phone almost 3 hrs everyday coz that's the only place we can have our own privacy. She's not a bad person but what she's done is really ridiculous things.
I have been thinking of breaking up with him so many times within this month. It's not that i dont love him but I dont want to go into the situation where I dont have any privacy, mom always on the side of him and I have to admit sometimes i m getting tired of it.
Should I break up with him? That I do not dare to answer.

Jules
~Angel~

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2007 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I really do think that you should have an extremely serious talk w/your boyfriend hun. This is really getting out of hand w/his mom always following you 2 like a little lost puppy. Does he have any other brothers & sisters that she can or even does the same things to, or is it just the 2 of you?

You really have to get it out to him, make him know w/out a doubt that you are tired of his mother being a "watch dog". Let him know that yes you do love her, but there has to be a line drawn here. I would even let him know about your thoughts of breaking up w/him hun. That might wake him up a bit & make him realize that you are serious & he really needs to step up & have a talk w/his mother.

Think about it this way hun, what if you 2 were to get married, do you seriously want to deal w/her for what could be the next 20+ years being totally in your personal life, even in your children's lives (if you were to have children)? If you are tired of it now & want to break up w/him, it would be so much worse if you 2 were to get married hun.

Good luck to you & I wish you the best if you decide to talk to him. Smile
JulietJules

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know Angel. We not only have serious talk about this. He argued with his mom in front of me for serveral times now but gosh she's still so stubborn. I told him last night I have no option but to break up with him. He beg me not to and I got silent again.
arrrrrgggghhhhhh... i m getting really confused now.

Jules
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: