Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion
Share with us problems and questions regarding love relationship

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

LOVE OR LUST....HELP!!

This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice
View previous topic :: View next topic  
angelbaby75

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:36 pm    Post subject: LOVE OR LUST....HELP!! Reply with quote

[color=darkblue:3ea65997b9][/color:3ea65997b9]Hello to all...I'm a new member here and hoping to get a little help and meet some new people. I'll start by saying I'm 32-years old, a mother of 2 beautiful boys, was married for 8 years and have been divorced for 4 years. I'm a real optimist in life and am always looking for the good things...in life and in people.

My divorce 4 years ago really did a number on me. It has taken alot of hard work and alot of time to heal the wounds and to be able to pick up the pieces of myself to mold the person I am today. After my marriage was over I had a difficult time "picturing" myself with another man...it just didn't seem right. I'm the type of person that when I love, I love with my whole heart, soul and mind. I really givie it my all and when someone takes that away, it's devastating.

Anyway, I'll get to the point here. I've been dating a man that I met online for about 2 months. We both kind of agreed in the beginning that neither of us were ready for a serious relationship. We've seen eachother every day since our first date...it has been absolutely wonderful. I've learned that it's okay to open myself up and let the wall down a little. This guy is recently separated and going through a divorce. When I say recently separated, I mean within the last 6 months. He's a wonderful man and I don't know how I got so lucky meeting this one. We have so much in common and seem to be extremely compatible. Anyway, we've been intimate on many different levels and have grown quite fond of one another. I know myself pretty well, and can say that I'm falling for him. But is it love or lust??

He's having a hard time dealing with his Ex and I try to be supportive in any way what-so-ever. I see how much stress he's under and how difficult things are for him and sometimes I feel like I may be making things worse for him. I ask him, but he ALWAYS says "I couldn't do this without you". So, I leave it alone. The other day we had a pretty intense conversation about life in general and come to find out, we've developed some pretty strong feelings for each other. Just the other night, without even THINKING about what I was saying, I said "I love you"...oops! Believe me, I wasn't expecting anything in return...it just slipped. Nothing was said at that moment. The next day, he initiated a conversation about how he's afraid this may be a "rebound" relationship and he cares alot about me and could easily fall in love with me, but we just CAN'T let it go there just yet, and that's fine with me. However, my thinking is this: if we continue to see each other we're only going to grow closer which will make things more complicated (for him, not me). But neither of us want to end it either. I'm at a loss here...I have no idea what to do.

I think I've had enough experience in life to know when I love someone, but i could be wrong. Maybe I'm just completely in "lust". So, anyone out there with ANY advice...please talk to me???
Brandon

PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2007 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't really say. It's easy to turn to another when you have been hurt. You have to look into your own heart, angelbaby. You will find your answer there.
~Angel~

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

From all that you typed it sounds like you have a deeper connection to this man than just "lust". Lust to me implies the physical aspect & not much more connected to it. You 2 have shared much MORE than just purely physicial intimacy.
angelbaby75

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I want to thank those that have replied and given me advice. This has not been easy for me. I've spent more time thinking about all this and I believe I do love this guy.
~Angel~

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your welcome angelbaby! Smile
Brandon

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2007 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote:72088ae71c="angelbaby75"]I want to thank those that have replied and given me advice. This has not been easy for me. I've spent more time thinking about all this and I believe I do love this guy.[/quote:72088ae71c]

Looked inside your heart, didn't ya, love? Good luck to ya, angelbaby ! Very Happy
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics.   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Love, Romance & Relationship Discussion Forum Index -> Love Advice All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: